Need help with baby girl name

edited September 2013 in Baby names
Ladies I need help with a name for my baby girl. We would like something different and unique thanks ladies

Comments

• How unique are you looking for?
  • I Named my Girls Makynzi And Marcii I Love The Spelling On Both of Them
  • Paris Raina
    Aaliya, Aalia or Aliya the unique way of spelling the name Aaliyah
    Annabelle Sky
    Geneva Rose
    Genevieve
    Laia (Lay-ah)
    Rina sky
    Salina ... same as Selena just unique spelling
    Miski Rae
    Hazel Nicole
    Delilah Tylor
    Meadow Sky
    Alayna Lynn
    Amalia Sage
    Ameeliya
    Pearl Nyah
    Adele Lisa
    Aubrey
    Savina Mary

Some of them I couldn't think of middle names to match
  • My name is Perla lol
  • I love the name audrey that's my sisters name. I was leaning towards mariah for my daughter but daddy wanted isabella and that was the only name we agreed on so that's it. I still think about mariah though and wonder if I should've went with it
  • If I have a girl I love the name Francesca not sure if the hubby likes it. I love Italian names and Spanish its fitting because of are families background my daughter is Gabriella Marie
  • My girls names are Brianna, Aaliyah, Terra, Sakora, Nevaeh, Mattahlyn, Kylee and Makelvey a cpl are very common but I love them.
  • @debs please don't name your daughter Francesca. That's my name and I absolutely HATE it. Do you know how much it sucks to grow up with a weird name? I really don't think people put much thought into how weird names can affect kids self esteem growing up. Every year having to correct teachers because they said your name wrong and then being labelled a trouble maker. Going to Dr or DDS appointments and having them butcher your name. And kids are cruel!!! Believe me it sucks so hard. Sorry I realize this was a mini tangent but I'm super sensitive about this subject.
  • @debs im so sorry, not trying to be mean but im with @frantastic on this one.
    I know a Francesca and school was horrible for her. None of her teachers were able to say her name so they all decided to cut short and call her Francis. And when high school graduation came around, they didn't even bother getting her name right, they automatically called her Francis. She was so sad.
    She's now a medical assistant, but she still feels embarrassed of her name because everywhere she goes people make fun of her name.
  • edited September 2013
    OMG @perly that describes my childhood exactly. I was Francisca, Fransesca, Francine, Francis, I got called Franjessica a lot because other kids couldn't say my name. I started going by Franny, because I hate the name Fran, in second grade and was quickly called Franny fanny. I also was called Fran-chest-a in junior high because I had big boobs. I wanted to change my name when I turned 18 but my mom threw a fit, so now I'm stuck with a shitty name as an adult. And it is embarrassing!!!!!
  • @frantastic oh man, im so sorry. I've seen how hard that is. My friend and i were really close so she would always tell me that there was nothing in the world she hated most than her name. That was really sad to hear. I don't know if she ever considered changing her name. I know if i would've been her, or you, i would've chnaged my name no matter what my mom said... But its hard. Like i said, i've witnessed it so i totally understand.

@debs im sorry if we sound mean or anything like that, but sometimes, names that are different can really change a kids childhood forever. Heck, my name isn't "unique", my name is Perla and i was called very mean stuff. I remember one time in elementary, i was riding the school bus home and there was a boy that liked picking at me so he said "Perla rhymes with Perra(female dog). What if i just say, here doggy doggy?" at the moment i had a lot of anger because i was starting to question my parents divorce and so on, so i wasnt putting up with crap at all. Anyway, i got up, i walked straight to that kid and i asked him to repeat what he had said and he did, so when he was done i punched him right in the mouth. He never messed with me again after that.
    That's my story, but other kids don't deal with bullying the way i did. I know my friend didn't. By the time i met her, she was so used to it and unhappy that she had given up on trying to correct people, or defending herself from ugly comments...
  • @perly that is awesome. It wasn't until junior high that I started to stand up for myself but a lot if damage had been done at that point. I really do wish people would think twice about the "name" they choose for their children. It's like people think "I want my kid to be unique" without any thought of how their child will get teased or tormented in school by other kids or even adults. "Oh it will just make them strong people" no it won't, it will make them sad and feel shitty about themselves. Also studies have shown that people with unusual or hard to pronounce names are often passed over for jobs because employers don't want to deal with it. And let's say they have a good job but will be passed over for a promotion because companies don't want someone with a weird name representing them.
  • My name is Deborah teachers made fun of my name all the time. For the way it was spelled saying its supposed to be Debra so I always had my named butchered. I like a different name not so common. My sons middle name is vincenzo. People can take any name and be mean. My daughters name isn't said correctly its Gabriella and everyone says it with out the A. It doesn't change my mind on the name.
  • @perly @frantastic I hear ya. My name is Starr. I didn't get a lot of crap as a kid but as an adult it's always: "Is that your real name?" "Is your mom a hippie?" "Is your sister's name Moon?" "Wow that's a weird name!" and my personal favorite "Is that your stripper name?" :L
  • Kids make fun on ANY name at some point. I personally think its ridiculous to name a child something over the top, spelled horribly confusing, and hard to pronounce. But Francesca is far from that. I went to school with two of them and I don't recall a teacher mispronouncing their name and they definitely weren't made fun of. My name is Mikaela. Growing up a tomboy I was called Mankaela. I'm constantly spelling it out and correcting but I don't hate my name because of it. I did until I realized they were making fun of me and not my name lol.
  • I like the name Delia!!!