Ladies with experience using OPKs

I am not ttc at this time but I have stopped taking the pill. I really want to be hormone free but we're not ready for baby #2 yet. I have the my days app and am going to set up an appt with my midwife to discuss non hormonal birth control. So because of the pill my cycle is very regular but I know once I start ovulating again that can all change. I was thinking about using OPKs just to have a better idea of when I ovulate but I'm not sure how to use them lol. I jumped the gun and ordered some on amazon so they should be here soon. So ladies that have used these tell me everything you know!

Comments

• I used them and they didn't work for my I had regular pink dye and digital which always came out negative until I was actually pregnant I took it to see if it would come out positive bc I thought I might be pregnant since we were ttc. And it was. So hope they work for you. Basically just use it on the am once you wake up. It's very simple. All the info will be on the once you got for best results.
  • They always worked for me in detecting ovulation but I was Ttc , and I'm on the paraguard iud now, no hormones , no pain , works like a charm ;)
  • I user them twice w day bc if u have a short surge on time might not catch it.
  • @scarlettsmama I am terrified of IUDs lol

@candy101 yea I read that the hormones are higher in the afternoon and at night.