who did epidural / iv med or %100 natural

2»

Comments

• Epi, I don't have a high pain tolerance && I didn't get to the hospital until after midnight. I was tired. It didn't take from the Experience because toward the end it wore off. I ended up walking from labor & delivery to my actual room. Sooo yeah. Loved that epi though
  • I Went 8 Hours With Nothing But Got Exhausted and Needed Rest So I Got An Epi And I'm Glad I Did Because I Was In Labor Another 9 Hours And They Had To Turn Her Which Was Very Painful With The Epi So I Could Only Imagine What It Would Of Felt Like Without.. Oh And I Pushed For 2 Hours
  • I went natural with all 3 of my children. The Drs kept trying to get me to take pain relief for some reason but I focussed on the contractions and soldiered on.
  • With my first (Scarlett) I was induced at 42 weeks and had no time to gear up for contractions, because of the pit they were volcanic from the start so I had an epi which only worked on one side..go figure, and my daughter was 7lbs 1oz ...but after that I did my doula training and did a ton of research and decided to go all natural with my next and had him (Asher) 2 months ago with no drugs, nothing and he was 10LBS 3OZ!! I wish I had both completely natural it was the best experience of my life and I would do it all over again! Im just so glad I got to experience it
  • I had an epi with both of mine....with my first I felt all the contractions in my hips when I was fully dilated but after I pushed I felt nothing.....with my second my epi quit working above my thighs an hour before I pushed so I felt everything but the pain that I had of tearing even though I heard and felt the tear
  • Epidural with all three. The first two I was numb and felt paralyzed from waist down. This last time I had the epidural I could move my legs, lift my own body up and everything. I couldn't feel pain just pressure. Pushed them all out really fast too..
  • edited September 2013
    I wanted an 100% natural birth but with every strong contractions the babies heart rate would drop, so I got some IV meds, not a lot but just a little to calm the contractions. It's still natural to me though. As much I wanted to do 100% all natural, I'm not stubborn and my baby comes first.

Also the IV medicine wore off halfway through the labor so I was pretty much back at natural, lol.

I was in labor for 10 hours and pushed for 28 minutes.
  • My first son i was in labor 6.5 hours had him all natural, my 2nd son in labor 4.5 hours horrible back labor-got an epidural & even though they were the exact weight & i had an epidural my 2nd son hurt worse coming out which was weird! With my daughter i was in labor 12 hours back labor & got the best epidural so didnt feel a thing & later this month im welcoming another epidural for my youngest daughter!!