He's FINALLY Here!

2»

Comments

• Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! !
  • edited September 2013
    I'm sorry ladies for not updating you all. Tuesday was supposed to be our release date but that morning I got some bad news. Elijah had a high level of jaundice, 13.9, and for a newborn that is high. They had to put him the machine and I lost it. I could only hold him if he stooled/peed, was hungry, or crying excessively. SO and I spent the night at the hospital. This morning we got our good news his levels went down. We were relased today and I am so happy, excited, and exhausted. 4 days in the hospital and I did not get any type of sleep, neither did SO.
  • Oh no I'm sorry :(... glad to hear his doing well now and ur home. Hopefully u can get little rest.
  • Glad everything is good now and your home. Now rest!! Lol. I could never sleep in the hospital either.
  • edited September 2013
    @jules & @adding1more: I am... Trust me I am. I'm so tires we've been sleeping all day of course a few feedings in between.

All the check ups, vitals, poking, picking, pinchin, draining, touching, no one can get any sleep.
  • Oh man, im so sorry you had to go through that. But I'm glad its over and now you're home and can finally rest and enjoy your baby :)
  • Congratulations! :)
  • Omg im soo sorry :( but im glad your home maybe you could get some sleep now
  • I had Jaundice too when I was born. Well happy to see your finally home. Get some rest if possible..

• edited September 2013
  • Sorry to hear that. Thanks God that you guys are back home and save.
  • Thats how I felt with my daughter too. They would come in to check on me then 30 minutes later check on her. Then come to do some testing or take her for test, then ask you about food, then later come back with the food. And family and friends visiting. Plus I went in labor during the day but she wasn't born until 1:35am so was long couple days. I was so happy to be home. For sure no rest at hospitals. Im glad I know that this time around at least I'll be more prepared, therefore not as annoyed lol
  • Wouldn't it be nice if nurses were more nice? I always felt the same way until this past may when I delivered my son. The nurses were so nice and kind. They did come in often but they were fast. At night, if I was sleeping they would tell me to go back to sleep and they would do everything very fast and then get out. At other hospitals, they would knock like they were the damn police or something lol and then turn on all the lights just to check my vitals. The nurses where I delivered my son were the complete opposite. I literally fell in love with that hospital, I never want to deliver anywhere else lol.
  • Yeah jaundice is very common in newborns. I had it when I was born and had to stay in the nicu for 9 days after I was born. Glad you're home now!! When that baby naps you nap too!!! :)
  • @perly that would be nice. I had an amazing nurse while delivering, then my day one was great but it was the night one it's like she had nothing else to do or something. And she had very heavy accent so half the time I didn't know what she said. Oh and she was natzy about us having my daughter either cuddeling with my hubby or I. She kept saying what if you fall asleep and baby falls. Like we're obviously just relaxing talking, watching tv no one is sleeping... I get that maybe people have in the past or something and they want babies safe. But she freaked me out so bad that I would have my hubby put my daughter back when she be knocking on the door lol. But it was my first I know better now :)
  • Congrats mommy! :X
  • @jules & @perly: I actually had a good experience at my hospital. . All the way from being admitted, seeing my doctor, the nurses to the pediatricians. I had one ignorant nurse during labor, but even she couldn't kill my vibe. They were nice and quiet during their daily and nightly check ups, thet knocked softly before coming in. I see why my family said I should choose this hospital.

@starrxoxo9: Jaundice kind of runs in my family. My mom told me I had it, but it was low. Some of my cousins had it, one of them was put on the machine (he's 21 now), some of my cousins children had it. They say if it runs in the family it's most likely that future children might have it.

@myHEARTZx3: Thank you.
  • My 4 month had to stay in the hospital and extra day and be sent home with a billi blanket. I know how scary it can be, glad everything was fine and you guys are home!! Congrats
  • @veevee I'm glad you had such good experience! Hope your healing all and breastfeeding going well for you :)
  • All 3 of my kids had jaundis. 2 of them bad enough to have home therapy (light bed). Im glad he is ok. I actually wish they would have kept the 2 an extra day to help them.
  • What hospital did you deliver at?
  • That's a good hospital
  • @ExcitedForOctober: It really is. Well my stay and experience was.
  • Well that's good. I'm glad you liked it. I thought they were probably mean or something and that's why you said you couldn't get any sleep lol... But I'm glad it wasn't like that.
  • @Jules the first time I gave birth I had that issue where they would turn on all the lights and bother you and the baby. And they yelled at my husband for giving our 9 and a half pound baby 2 oz of formula. Like he was killing her lol. And kept telling us not to fall asleep with the baby because we would drop her.. The second time they pretty much left us alone but there were a few times I had to keep calling nurses to bring me my pain meds and they would still take over a hour to get to me. There only 3 other ladies on the floor.
  • edited September 2013
    @perly: Even though they were nice it still sucked being woken up.

@kayleigh27: Oh that sounds horrible.
  • @kayleigh27 ya I'm hoping I don't have weird night nurse this time then I'll be good to go! I'll have to wait and see :)