diapers

Anyone's babies get a diaper rash from the blue dye inside the diapers? Laila is getting one but I'm bot sire of it's from the diapers or her being switched to formula this week.

Comments

• My kids don't have that, but I had a boy at daycare who did and his mom bought the brown organic diapers and he was just fine using those. :-) I hope it all clears up!
  • Jack has only gotten a rash from the wal mart brand diapers
  • @sands3 my oldest is 2 I never remember there being blue dye in them. I'm wondering if it could just be because she has been pooping so Mich since switching to formula a few days ago.
  • That could possibly be it
  • I could never use the once with the blue in them always gave my daughter a rash so I just do huggies little movers, well huggies in general have worked fine.
  • @jules the huggies I have right now have blue dye in them that's what we have been using. I had a big box of pampers from my baby shower I opened them and they are blue dye as well. I'm really hoping it's not the diapers at this point.
  • edited September 2013
    We use huggies or luvs
  • Is the blue dye ones the diapers that let you know the diaper is wet. If so both my kids had no problems with them. I loved those
  • I see I think thats what happened to me I had to stick with pampers swaddle when she was tinny. Then when she got into bigger size I forget what itwas im sorry but it had the blue so I bought huggiess super fit went well no blue. Then next time I got another huggies but it had blue so I went exchanged them for little movers still huggies. So now for over year now ive only done huggies super fit and little movers neither have the blue. The once that say extra observant usually have that blue chemical..try the other once they work great and no rash. Hope ur lo is doing ok. I know when my daughter got it was bad soo red!
  • I think it was the formula change. Same thing happened to my son. I just bought the desitin with the purple top and I checked his diaper every 15-20 minutes and I changed him when he was wet even if it was just a little and then I packed on the desitin at every diaper change. His rash went away in a few days. Just make sure you don't leave her with a dirty diaper too long because the rash will take longer to heal if you do.
  • I almost switched his diapers too but I waited a little and I noticed his rash was healing and that's when I knew that the problem was the diarrhea he had.
  • All four of my kids can and could use the pamper brand. All others give them a really bad rash!
  • @perly I swore by desitin with my two year old, when I had Laila the hosptital gave me aquaphor and I'm starting to like it better. I feel like it keeps the moisture off the area that you apply it to
  • @megaroo I prefer pampers also. My sister gave me a big box of the baby dry ones I was trying buggies to see if they work better with this baby
  • All my kids used pampers the only time they use huggies was as newborn because they have the umbilical cord cut shaped ....
  • I wasn't fond of Huggies. My girls leaked thru them if they just peed once. I like pampers too! And luvs works for me too
  • Yeah, I've heard good things about Aquaphor too. The reason I bought the Desitin was because I took my son to the Dr when he had his rash because it got bad. His skin was peeling off and it was taking long to heal so she gave me zinc oxide to put on but the Desitin maximum strength had a higher percent of zinc so I just used the desitin instead and it cleared up in literally 2 or 3 days. I still have it and I put one thin coat at every diaper change and he's been fine ever since. But I'm almost positive the diarrhea he had was the cause because he's still using the same diapers (Huggies) and like I said, he's been fine.
  • @perly she went to the doctor today for a weight check so I asked about the rash. It turns out it is a small yeast rash.
  • Oh poor baby, I hope she's doing better.
  • @perly she is doing much better there was a big difference after just the first 24hrs with the yeast cream!
  • I'm glad to hear she's doing better! :)