Baby swings

edited September 2013 in Pregnant
What baby swing do you own? Do you like it? I don't think I want a cradle swing cause I don't see a child older than 4 months enjoying it since it lays so far back.
I'm having such a hard time between this and the stroller/carseat.

Comments

• I was given a Fisher price one that sits up and reclines. the seat rotates from swinging back and forth to side to side. it plays upbeat music, quiet music and soft sounds/noises and has a mobile attached. My first son was not a big fan of the swing, but my second loved it up until he was 6 months. I really the diversity of the swing, I just wish it folded up more than it does because it does take up a bit of space. that's my only complaint though!
  • edited September 2013
    I had a Fisher price swing my son loved it and went back and forth like a glider or you can use it like a swing had all the sounds different speeds tilts but did not fold up at all is my only complaint and that around 6-8 months it became useless my son didn't want to stay in one place anymore
  • I have the fisher price snugabunny swing and its been a life saver with both of my boys. Worth every penny in my opinion. Its like the ones described above me
  • I had the fisher price little lamb cradle swing and Lily used it every day until a week before her first birthday. It swing side to side and front and back and had a mobile and tray with toys that attached and sat up and reclined. It was the best thing I bought except next time I would definitely get one that plugs in instead if running off batteries.
  • edited September 2013
    Hmm, I didn't think the cradle swings sat up, now I'll have to re-evaluate :) thanks ya'll!!
  • I have fisher price one too my daughter loved it used to for long time were gonna use it again for this baby :)
  • We have a Fisher price one, that plugs in, swings front to back or side to side, has a mobile, plays soothing music or nature sounds, can recline up or down. BEST and most used baby thing in my house. Not sure of the collection, think its called Zoo something
  • I have the I love u zoo from fisher price and its great ! I has side to side amd front to back music and animals that moves

@ExcitedForOctober I think we have the same I love u zoo
  • I actually just bought one at a garage sale. I just washed the cover thingy and cleaned it up and it works awesome. I got it for $10. I'll post a picture cause I have no clue what brand it is. But the seat reclines too so my son loves it when he's ready for a nap.
  • Ok! I couldn't find a swing with good ratings!! We bought a used one for Madison and it didn't last very long, so now that I'm buying one new, I'd like to get my money's worth
  • edited September 2013
    Alana hated her swing. Which is crazy because she LOVES to swing. (I didnt like it either though.) Im not sure of the collection but it was Graco and just a brown basic swing. It could be because it was a display item and was tried out buy almost everyone and super dusty and scratched. I wouldnt put her in it unless it was clean and she still hated that one and it looked worn out and dirty. (We got it as a gift like that. ) This time im going all out to buy the new baby a nice good swing.
  • edited September 2013
    @excitedforoctober- I think you recommended that swing to me. My son loved it. Too bad I gave it away:(
  • I have a graco one too. So cool though because the seat pops off and its actaully compatiable with most infant car seats. So if baby ever falls asleep in the car, I just bring her in and pop the car seat to the swing. So cool!
  • Graco sweetpeace soothing center swing is the name.
  • By the way, excuse the mess in the back lol.
  • I have a bright starts one from walmart that plugs in. It also can swing side to side and front to back.
  • The fisher price papasan cradle swing is the best, I've owned 3 of them for my home daycare and my own kids and I like that u can recline it or sit it up more, and if it doesn't work properly or something goes wrong with it u can just call fisher price/mattel and they will send u a new one without sending the other one back!