Should I call the dr?

edited September 2013 in Pregnant
For the secon day in a row, my feet are swollen. I know this is normal in pregnancy but I'm only 19 weeks. It seems too soon...

Comments

• Well is it really really bad? Some get it earlier from what I hear. And have you been on your feet more? Or worn certain shoes that might cause little of that? You can call and ask wouldn't hurt but keep them up and drink some fluids. Ive never gotten swollen feet hope you're not in pain or anything.
  • Yes! Call your dr. sometimes that can be a sign of preeclampsia. Better safe than sorry. After calling,relax as best as you can. Lay down with your feet elevated and make sure to drink lots of water.
    Keep us updated! Good luck. :-) I'm sure everything is fine, but it never hurts to call and get reassurance from your dr. :-)
  • I have a desk job and sit most of the day. I notoced they were swollwn yesterday. When I woke up this morning they weren't. Now they are again. I've been laying down.for 45 mims and I think they are getting better.
  • Well if you are mostly sitting at work all day unless your really dehydrated I would call just to ask what else you can do. I'm glad it's getting better though!
  • I had a desk job with both of my pregnancies too. A nurse I worked with said it was super important to get up every hour and take a walk, I would just walk around the building I worked in. but she also said it was important to not sit so forward in my chair. make sure the area between your thighs and your tummy have room to let blood flow through there. she said that was a major reason my ankles were swelling up. I also put a box under my desk so my feet could be elevated throughout work. and really, drink lots and lots of water. that'll help with the water retention and also the more you drink, the more you've gotta potty so you're up more and getting your walking in! :-)
  • Thanks @jules. Since I haven't had issues all weekend, I am going to wait until my appointment on Thursday - unless I have more issues before then.
    Thanks @musicmommy. I was wondering if it had something to do with sitting all day because I haven't had issues all weekend. I am going to see if there is something I can prop up my feet with. I also really need to be more conscious of my water intake. I know I don't drink nearly as much as I should.
  • Well I'm glad it has improved. It's probably bc you sit at work in same position and the water..try change things up next time you work see if it helps and make sure your shoes have room or if you can have them off while your sitting.
  • oh good. I'm glad there were no further issues!!!