Thank God for Stool Softners!

edited September 2013 in Health
I haven't pooped since giving birth to Elijah and that was during. So I'll say I haven't pooped in 5 days until now. I feel so relieved the stool softeners at the hospital were npy eorking. I pickrf up my prescription yesterday but didn't take the pill until today and not even 5 minutes later I'm on the toilet. It kind of hurts wuth the stitches and all but if I can push out a baby I can push out a poop.

Comments

• Lol I love that last line! I had the pooping problem too fingers crossed I can go on my own like a big girl this time!
  • I swear the first poop is the worst! Hurts so bad!
  • Omg, imagine having to poop after a c-section! I hated it. But the stool softeners really worked.
  • Girl, it took me 9 days n I swear it was hard to push out lol. Sorry tmi lol I dont kno how u ladies push out a baby.
  • @OhHowWonderful: My prayers be with you lol. It hurt like hell not being able poop. That stool softener helped out alot out I am hoping I can start going on my own.

@Fate: With the stool softener it was a breeze lol.

@perly: I don't even want to imagine your pain.

@NylasMommy: 9 days? Wow. This is a pregnancy board/forum nothing is TMI here, lol. Pushing out a baby? Oh that's easy, lol.
  • Lol, both my girls r a lil bit over 8lbs so I dont think I would b able to push them out. R u breastfeeding?
  • With my first they told nothing about taking stool softeners and I had a lot of stitches I had a episiotomy and third degree tearing I went to Dr office a week later crying I was in so much pain then they told about stool softeners I thought I was ripping my stitches out it hurt so much
  • edited September 2013
    @NylasMommy: I was 8lbs9oz and my mom had one contraction and I shot out like a football. The doctor caught me with one hand. I was ready lol. Yes, I am breastfeeding.

@debs: Aww that sucks. They gave me a stool softener the next day after having my son. It didn't work, but I didn't have to or feel the need to poop. I was presrcibed a different brand when I was released. I took it and in less than 10 minutes I was on the toilet and I couldn't have felt more relieved.
  • Ohhh dang lol, that was an easy labor for her.
  • @NylasMommy: Tell me about it.