diflucan while pregnant

edited September 2013 in Pregnant
My dr prescribed me diflucan for my yeast infection. I've been itching and burning down there bad. I am currently on a 7 day treatment for it. I read that diflucan can cause birth defects. I'm 25 weeks pregnant. I am on day two of the yeat infection supository with creme. Anyone wver take it? I am thinking of not doing it..

Comments

• edited September 2013
    I never have, however just looked it up the main thing it said is it's always has not been recommended for pregnant or nursing women. If it were me I would follow my heart and not continue. Was it your regular doc that prescribed it? Or your obgyn? Maybe there's other things you can try that are safe while pregnant. Hope you feel better. It says over 400mg a day in pregnant women have caused birth defects especially those in first trimester. Maybe later in pregnancy it's not that bad, but I would call my ob if I were you.
  • @jules my family dr is also my ob. She said she gives it to her pregnant patients but I just don't have a good feeling about it. Neither did my fiance. I read and seen yogurt and candian diet w.e that is lol.
  • Over the counter monistat works good.
  • I see and I'm assuming she hadn't seen any negative side effects then. Well if you don't have good feeling than follow that. Mothers instincts are best!