how long after a laparoscopy can I have sex?

edited September 2013 in Pregnant
I had my tubes tied today and forgot to ask that question. Anybody know?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • How are you feeling? I want to get my tubes tied too but scared of side effects of it.
  • I've never had it fund but give the office a call really quick if they are open today. If not Monday isn't too far away. Hope your getting ok. But from what I've just read I webmd says you can have sex as soon as u feel like it but it will be uncomfortable for the first week. But does say use another form of birth control for first 3 months. Obviously it's best to talk to your doc but hope that helps little
  • edited September 2013
    I did at 3 days after surgery and was fine. Unless you had essure done you don't have to use any back up birth control
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited September 2013
    @monkey_girl im feeling pretty good, a little bit sore in my abdomen but its nothing too bad a percocet every few hours keeps the pain manageable. And they went in through my belly button so no scar :)

@jules @Minx1018 I was told at my pre op appointment that its effective immediately because I asked if I should finish out the rest of my birth control pills for this month and he said no need. I was initially planning on the essure but my dr said he had done the essure procedure on a group of patients a couple years ago and 2 of them became pregnant within 5 years and he doesnt recommend that procedure anymore. So he and I decided to go ahead with the surgical tubal ligation and im happy with it.

Im glad its not another 6 weeks lol thanks guys @HomeBirthAdvocate
  • Well that's great! Looks like your good to go once you feel all healed up :) I'm glad I don't have to do it my hubby volunteered to get fixed long time ago. His obviously not don't it yet but once were ready his doing it. He said that's the least be can do since I'm the one who has to deal with period and cramps and being pregnant and going through labor..I wasn't gonna argue with that lol
  • I think as long as you feel ok, but to be on the safe side let him do the work.
  • Good to know, thank you! :)