I have officially tried everything!

edited September 2013 in Pregnant
Now 39 weeks and this baby does not want to get out. I've tried teas, power walking, sex, nipple stimulation, squats, eating spicy food, cleaning like a mad women, and for my last attempt reflexology massage. Hopefully the massage works! I had it done earlier today :)

Please send baby dust my way

Comments

• Truck load of baby dust!! My sister did the pressure points on my feet and I went into labor in the middle of the night.
  • edited September 2013
    Thank you! @sands3 That gives me hope! The massage lady did pressure points on feet too. I am now optimistic..:)
  • I hope it works for you!! Please tag me if it works
  • Lots dust! I've never had the massage how did you even find someone that does it? If it works I wanna try it plus sounds so nice and relaxing!
  • My chiropractor does acupuncture, I'm definitely gonna give that a go if needed.
    Hopefully reflexology works :)
  • @sands3 i will!
    @jules I looked for a place that specialized in pregnancy massage and asked if they can do this particular method because i was desperate to induce labor. They said yes! Oh and it was so relaxing! I fell asleep on the table. :) My cousin is a massage therapist in Arizona and she's the one that recommended it. She said if it's going to work it can start labour within 2 hours or 1 to 2 days.

@Kimberl4411 I'm hoping it does too. Definitely talk to your chiropractor about that.
  • That sounds nice! I looked up a couple pressure points there's some good video instructions on the exact points that help induce labor. If I were you I would do those while at home can't hurt..But hope what they did works!!!
  • Good luck!!! Hope baby comes soon! Sorry the cleaning like a mad woman didn't help but atleast your house is extra clean! :)
  • edited October 2013
    @jules i hope it works too. Definitenly trying pressure points at home.

@excitedforoctober lol...i know, right.
  • The night before I went into labor SO gave me a reflexology massage on my feet. Let's just say I started having contractions a few hours later and was admitted to the hospital then 10 hours later I had my son.
  • edited October 2013
    @veevee That's awesome! Hopefully it works for me.
  • Anything?
  • edited October 2013
    @fate except castor oil. I don't want to mess with that stuff.
  • Don't do it, I did and what I thought were contractions was my stomach not happy with me! Lol needless to say the "pain" went away after I delivered a poo baby
  • @Kimberly4411 Oh my! LOL...I wont. Something similar happened with my sister.
  • edited October 2013
    Just make sure they hit all the right spots @monkey_girl. Though it could've just been coincidence. Lol. SO also did acupressure on my feet too.
  • How have you been feeling today? Any kind of contractions or anything different? Just keep moving, bouncing, stimulating, pushing on those points. Hopefully soon. Unfortunately many times no matter what those babies come when their ready not when we're ready. That would be amazing though! :)
  • @Jules I was having some but they went away. Trust me I'm still doing everything I can to have a vaginal birth. My c-section is scheduled for this Friday, so I'm praying for a miracle.

@veevee I was wondering about that. Hubby did it last night, hopefully something soon.
  • I hope you go on your own soon, so you don't have to go with c section. Will be praying for your miracle!
  • KMFX = (Keeping My Fingers Crossed)
  • @Jules Thanks, if it doesn't happen then it wasn't meant to be.

Thank you @veevee
  • You're welcome.
  • Well that's good attitude. Hopefully something happens next couple days so you can avoid that cssection. I'm more scared of c section I couldn't do it..I've never had any surgery or even stitches noting major ever so that's the last thing on my list. They would have to drag me and have it be emergency before I would agree cause it would scare me. Unless of course it was what was best for the baby.
  • There's an accupressure point right on that flabby part of skin between your thumb & first finger. If you squeeze it until it slightly hurts then you should have some contractions. Have you tried nipple stimulation? It sounds weird, but it works too, just be careful because too much can cause really strong contractions.

The best advice I can give though, is to try and relax and rest. If you're stressed out and tensed up about it (or anything else) your body won't go into labor because of the stress hormones. Your body needs peace and quiet and a safe environment to go into labor. Anything that interrupts it can stall your labor so try to relax and unwind as much as possible and laugh...funny movies, do things that are fun to you, etc.

:) Fingers crossed for you too that you go before Friday!
  • @Jules I had a nightmare of a csection last time, which is why I wanted to avoid it. It might be a lot better this time since I wont go through 32 hours of labour first.

@wilsomom I think you're absolutely right about stress hormones. I've been so tense and stressed out about the whole thing. Yesterday, I finally excepted that I was going to have a csection and I started contracting for quite a bit. I've tried nipple stimulation but nothing. I've been doing the thumb & first finger thing (like you said). No big contractions but it gets the baby moving like crazy. .lol
  • Well I'm glad you're trying to relax, I know it's hard. I hope you can have your vbac, if not a quick recovery from surgery.
  • I was 4 days overdue with my son. I went on a LOA at 39 weeks just so I can get a break from work, a very strenuous job. So I agree with @Wilsomom, just relax and take it easy. Baby will come when it's ready.
  • edited October 2013
    Thank you :) @wilsomom

@veevee I would wait too, but if I don't do the csection tomorrow, the next available one is in one or two weeks! And yeah, that's not happening...lol
  • Well you had some contractions that's good sign!