Government shutdown...commissary

edited October 2013 in Military moms
I'm heading out there in an hour to buy meat. It's going to be a mad house as it's closing at end of business today until Congress can resolve this issue. I should have gone yesterday, but didn't because it was payday and super busy. Today will be worse. I'm preparing me and Jack to be in line for awhile.

Comments

• I hope it's resolved quickly. So ridiculous!
  • Psh, congress don't care, they still get paid, and Obama is going to keep vetoing, not going to be a good month
  • I'm sorry you guys have to deal with such crap. Best of luck love.
  • I only had to wait for about 10. Since I was only getting meats, I was about to go to self checkout
  • There was already a long line at the door when I got there
  • This is why when people ask me why I am so paranoid about stocking up with food I tell them it never hurts to be prepared. We are not military but hubby got hit with furlough. It sucks but we have a months worth (at least) of emergency foods incase we run out of savings.
  • wait what is going on
  • @Roxy the government ran out of money so Congress shut it down. Alot of people are out of work until it gets resolved
  • Or they have to work for no pay. If they don't work they get listed as AWOL and can not only lose their jobs but get in serious legal trouble.
  • They shut it down until they can agree on the 2014 budget. Hopefully it only takes couple of days. It's happened before in the 90s that time it lasted 20 days but they don't think it will be as long this time.
  • They told my friend that she has to work and they will pay her next month or whenever things get resolved for what they aren't paying her.
  • The only reason they can't agree on a budget is because of the affordable health care act, ridiculous...