Is it me, or can anyone else see what i see....

edited October 2013 in Babies Health
I've noticed that my son's right eye is a little more inward than his left eye. I noticed it when he was still a newborn, but I didn't think much of it because they can't really focus their eyes at that age so I thought it was normal and that it wouldn't be like that as he got older.
Well I remembered about it a few days ago and checked it out again and he still does/has it. Here are a few pictures to see if anyone can see what I see.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20130918_145109_zpsa1949bce.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/IMG_20130921_111125_zps14f85561.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20130923_112927_zps8b9fda93.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20130923_113016_zps6cc9e30b.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20130922_182922_zps862668ab.jpg

Has anyone gone through this? Im not sure if I should contact his pedi. Is this normal? I mean it doesn't seem to bother him and I can tell his vision is good because he can see me when im across the room.

Comments

• I can see what you mean, I'd check with his pedi just to be sure but I doubt it's anything serious. Side note: He is crazy adorable!!!!!! :)
  • I can see what your talking about. Maybe bring it up at his next appt
  • @sands3 he doesn't have another appointment till November. I'm probably gonna call in and talk to the nurse.
  • @starrxoxo9 OK I'm not crazy. Thanks, I can never get enough of him cause he's silly too lol.
  • When my daughter was a baby I noticed something that looked like a lazy eye Dr told me before one babies eye muscles are still weak. This past Christmas I took a picture of her and one eye was looking at me and the other was in went peds dr gave her a eye test said she was fine. They sent her to eye Dr because of the pic I was able to take they said she had a hard time focusing nothing to worry about her age but they would keep checking to make sure it didn't get worse or she would need glasses to strengthen her muscles. Its a problem that runs in my husband's side his brother and mom had eye cord surgery. A lot of parents fix it at a young age with glasses. I would definitely tell the Dr so they can keep an eye on it.
  • @debs that's what I'm worried about. Like I said, he seems to have good eyesight but I wouldnt want it to get worse.
  • edited October 2013
    My son had an inward eye that was very noticeable. I brought it up and his doctor sent him to an optometrist. The eye doctor wasn't concerned at all, he said it had to do with the bridge of his nose, shape and size of his eyes etc. He said the way to tell if his eyes were crossed or not was to look where the light hit his eye. If its the same spot in both eyes then they're not crooked and their face will grow into it eventually. Now at 2 it's still a little inward at certain angles but is definitely not as noticeable.
  • Looks very normal to me.
  • My daughter has excellent eye sight. Her eyes didn't start till we got her a tablet. So we limit the time she can be on it so it doesnt strain her eyes to much. If I have her follow my finger for a lil while it will do it. My son is his eyes have never done what my daughters has done. Looking back at pictures we have seen it in a couple pictures when focusing.
  • @tjscrd I'm taking him to the Dr. in a little bit so he can check it out.
    @mijita I hope it is normal. I just don't wanna put it off and then it ends up being that something is wrong with his eye.
    @debs I'm taking him to the Dr. so I'll see what he has to say.
  • I wouldn't have noticed unless you say something even then have to look very carefully. I don't think it's anything serious but I would ask the doc just in case. Hope the doc goes well keep me updated!
  • He's still very young and hasn't acquired the ability to see very far. Inverting of an eye is due to immature muscles and ligaments. Once his vision gets better he'll be better able to strengthen his muscles. It's so subtle right now and barely noticeable.
  • My daughters did that till she was up walking but its fine now. An btw he is jus way to cute
  • @jules yeah its not very noticeable.
    @mijita thank you, it makes me feel better to know that its not bad.
    @mrz_Jackson that's good that she's fine now. Thanks BTW :)

@starrxoxo9 @sands3 @debs @tjscrd
    Well I took him to the doctor and she told me that his eye is fine and then said everything @mijita told me. She said to still keep an eye on it from time to time to make sure it's getting better. Thank you all :)
  • Well I'm glad you got good news from the doc hope it never turns into anything and wish him best of health!
  • That's good!! Better safe than sorry :)
  • Good news!! :)
  • My son has also been a little cross eyed in the same eye as yours, dr said its normal for babies they should outgrow it by toddler. My son didnt by two and he was referred to an optometrist. They did some eye tests and he also is very farsighted so he wears eyeglasses to correct the crooked eye and for his bad vision. Its not too big a deal but keep an eye on it, if he doesnt grow out of it by two he will likely be sent to an optometrist.