Teething

edited October 2013 in Babies Health
Adrian is teething. He had a few hard teething toys and he didn't like them so i bought him soft ones and he doesn't like those either. I really don't want to give him any kind of teething tablets/gels just yet, especially because he's not in pain he's just extremely itchy.

Comments

• You can try a refrigerated or frozen washcloth, he might like that.
  • Try freezing his pacifier.
  • I agree with the frozen washcloth. how old is Adrian? My mom used to freeze bananas for us too so it was a tasty chew toy. :-) So if Adrian's eating solids you could try that.
  • @starrxoxo9 @veevee @musicmomma
    I freeze his regular pacifier and a special one i bought him to scratch his gums and some other toy he has and he doesn't like any of them. I might just try the wash cloth. He is eating 1st foods but i think he still might be too little for a banana.
  • edited October 2013
    I use to put ice or popsicle in a food holder. I forget the name they have it at babies r us and target. It has a handle and netting to put food in. My kids loved it I used it for teething and before they could eat solids it makes it so your baby can't get chunks of food.
  • My daughter never cared much for the teething toys either I got the same thing @debs has she used that. Hope you find something that helps him feel better.
  • @debs @jules i've seen those before and i wanted to buy them but since my son doesn't hold stuff for too long i thought i'd get them when he could hold them. But screw that lol, im buying them tomorrow. What can i put in there? Can i put like a puree?
  • I put all sorts of stuff. Fruit works really good. Maybe try freezing the fruit and put it in there so even though its cold he gets something that taste good and not just cold
  • I loved that fresh feeder thing!! I have 6 in total l. My daughter loved it and it kept her busy. You wont regret it :) I plan on using this again with my new baby
  • I think puree would be good! Just do whatever he really likes doesn't matter either way it will freeze and feel good on his teeth :)
  • @debs @novmom2be @jules thanks ladies.Im going out to buy a few first thing tomorrow morning. Hopefully they give him some relief.
  • Frozen banana in the food holder would work great I bet!
  • What my mom did for my son when I'd visit here is get a cold wash cloth, then put her finger in it and let my son naw on her finger. He liked it. I never used teething tablets. Always too scared. I used baby orajel when I could tell he was in pain. Neverdo it right before sleeping. I heard it can numb the throat and baby can't swallow. I didn't know it could do that till after I used it. Also they make a pacifire that looks like a rasberry and they can sit there and chew on it bc its cold, my son loved it. My son cut his first tooth at 3 months old and that's What helped :) Good luck
  • @wilsomom @pumpkincupcake 0307 i did frozen mango in the fresh feeder and he loved it.
  • Oh I forgot about the mesh feeder! Tessa loved that too.