Woot! Woot! I'm having my first...

edited October 2013 in Pregnant
...false labor! Been having contractions every 8-10 minutes for almost 2 hours. I'm just excited my body is getting ready. I don't want to go over due with this one. I'm only 36w5d, & I usually have false labor off & on for a couple weeks, so this is a good sign for me! :)

Comments

• That's exciting! I wish I was at that point but I'm only 31 weeks were ready just waiting for time to pass.
  • @jules It'll be your turn before you know it! :)
  • Lol I know they all come out at some point. Theres not much is doing on so some days feel slow ya know. Next month will be a lot more fun with family visiting and stuff so I'm just waiting for this month to pass :)
  • Whoaaaaaaa you are going to fast!
  • U almost there!
  • Congratulations! I never went into false labor. :-S
  • So exciting ur pregnancy flew by
  • O man, I hope I get to see what labor is like, I was induced with Madison and wasn't allowed out of bed and all I had were back contractions. I don't even know what a normal contraction feels like!! I'm getting super excited even though I'm only 29 weeks! I'm going to be pretty upset if this child is stubborn
  • Thanks everyone, I'm getting really excited too! Even though I've had a lot of kids, each one is such a new and unique experience!!
  • Omg ALREADY WOW THIS PREGNANCY HAS GONE BY SO FAST LOL!! And ur absolutely are right! No matter how many babies u have everyone of them is just as exciting. I can't wait to see him.
  • Oh wow. we were due date buddies. This makes me so sad :( I can't wait for you to have your LO!
  • @captivated Yes, we were! I'm sorry :( Been there, done that.
  • TMI...but lots of snotty discharge, extreme pelvic pressure especially tail bone, lots of braxton hicks & diahrea. Getting close! Can't wait to meet my little man! :)
  • Very exciting! Sounds like you be going any day now :).... and since you have done this many more times then I have what have your experience with tearing been? I drank red raspberry leaf tea with my first and didn't save single little tear I swear that's why lol so I've been drinking it this pregnancy do you think I can get lucky again?
  • @jules If you didn't tear or need an episiotomy with your first, then I'd say you definitely shouldn't need one again. (finger crossed anyways!) I tore so bad with my first that the Dr. was concerned I may never have control of my bowels!! Yikes!! But, thank goodness everything healed fine and now I usually only get a stitch or two, sometimes none. :)
  • Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. Other than wanting the baby to be safe and healthy. My biggest fear is tearing I think God knows that no wonder I didn't with my first I sure hope I don't this time! And I'm also terrified of c section would never request one but I know sometimes that's medical emergencies but I would never say yes unless it was an emergency. I can't imagine how much pain you were in I'm glad everything healed well! Ya with my first I had mirror and after they took my daughter to clean off little and I see this brown stuff the doc putting all over down there..I'm guessing I made funny face, cause she goes oh yes ok I'm just cleaning you up because you don't have single tear the only thing she could even barely see was tinny little burn on the side. It was like two minutes and I was good to go..I was soo excited at that point I assumed I would have horrible things happen bc im petite guess that has nothing to do with it :)
  • @jules That's amazing that you didn't tear at all! I was petite too, and the baby was only 6.5 pounds, but I had to push for like 2 hours, so maybe that's why. I'd hate to have a c-section too! Thank God I've never had to. I could never handle looking in mirror either, too scared to see what it looks like I guess! Lol
  • @jules @wilsomom when i was pregnant my ob and i talked about my birthing plan and i asked her if i could have a mirror so i could see and if they would let me touch my son as he was coming out and she said yes. I ended up having a c-section, but im still glad she was willing to make my birthing experience what i wanted it to be.
  • I even had dream about having to have c section and me telling them no way! I only pushed 3 times I got sure got lucky! I can't imagine doing that for 2 hrs do all yours take that long or just the first time? And the mirror is not like right next to you so it's not like you see any weird detail it actually helped me to keep pushing at the end I saw that I was almost done even though they told me I could take break I kept going and she was out :)
  • @perly That's awesome, my ob is pretty much like that too, I've denied routine interventions before and he's mostly okay with it.

@jules It was only the first time...they come out so fast now I just push a time or two!! Lol With my first, I remember being able to look down and watch her head coming out and touching her. It was really neat. With the rest, I've usually been leaning too far back, plus a bigger belly! Lol
  • I don't remember looking down it happened so fast. I actually ended up asking my hubby at one point of he cut the cord cause I didn't see him do it and I don't remember him leaving my side he was holding my leg the entire time. But guess he did. I told him this time he needs to wait until I can see because I've always wanted to. I'm hoping that things get faster for me like they have for you as pregnancies have gone on. Because my first was short I think so would be amazing to have even shorter experience and be home sooner :) does it usually take longer for the uterus to shrink the second time? My first it was flat right away.
  • I remember with my first I had heart burn so bad throughout the pregnancy I would say she better have a ton of hair (I was bald forever when I was born lol) and I just wanted her to have hair. My sil was in the delivery room and when her head came out the sil yelled she has so much hair look and helped me lean up to see her head. And I Smiled so big. The doctor said after, I can't believe in the middle if pushing with no pain meds at all you smiled.. I said well yeah she has hair!!! Lol
  • @jules it didn't seem to take longer for me, so hopefully will be the same for you!

@adding1more That's too funny! My first had tons of hair too. I also smiled after the delivery & said "only 5 more to go" (I wanted 6 at that time lol) & everyone laughed cuz I did it all natural & felt like I was about to die with all the pushing & tearing. Lol
  • Thanks me too! I can't believe you wanted 6 and now have more kinds after 6 did you think of maybe more :) they are all soo cute such blessing!
  • @jules Yeah...after 4 I decided I wanted at least 10 ha ha...but really now I just believe in accepting however many blessings God gives me. :)
  • Lol. I was kinda freaking out at first I was young just turned 17 and when I first got to the hospital I was like well I can Handle this it's not that bad. Then the contractions got stronger and closer together and it was to late for pain meds and time to push. I was like can I have anything please Tylenol something...lol. They Dr said just push honey then I seen her head and hair and smiled. Ugh then after I had her I was like omg y does my stomach still hurt!! I didn't no I had to deliver the placenta too.
    Then with my second it was the worst my water broke I went straight to the hospital and they was taking me to my room and she wasn't waiting her head was out. I didn't have time to give them my name are anything til after. She was 8lbs 5oz and she tore me so bad they was giving me shots in my leg to try to control the bleeding... I was scared. I'm pretty tiny 5'3 90lbs so when I went to the nursery to get her the lady said "your the mom of the big baby" lol
  • I wanted 5 3 boys 2 girls. I got 9 and only 1 boy lol.
  • Aww that's very cool I think! I could never handle that many I think you have gift!