In pain!

edited October 2013 in Giving birth
I feel like a million bricks fell on me and my uterus is still contracting especially when I breast feed it hurts even more

Comments

• Yes! I swear the after labor contractions are the worst! No.one told me to expect them after my first and they totally freaked me out!
  • As weird as this may sound be thankful that jt hurts while ur breastfeeding just means ut body is doing its job bc when u breasfeed it helps the uterus shrink back faster. It will pass very soon! you can take a pain killer if that helps.
  • For me, after the 3rd day, it got better...
  • So normal to be sore, you pushed out a human being out of your body OR I'm sure a csection can make your body really sore too, the cramping is a good sign, your uterus is shrinking back.
  • For me this time hurt like hell I remember my other 3 were Normal but this time was horrendous I was in so much pain I thought something was wrong after the 3rd day it went away and my uterus was like new lol so it was wort the pain plus no bleeding after that!
  • Is it weird that i don't remember having any pain afterwards? I had a c-section and i was a little bit sore but the soreness wasn't bad that i couldn't handle it. I guess everything is different like they say.

@i_believe where did you deliver?
  • edited October 2013
    With my first 2 kids I didn't experience this but since this is my third baby I guess that's why I feel it and plus I'm older now so my body is not what it use to be lol ... @perly I delivered at the new
  • @i_believe how was your stay? I did consider that hospital when i was pregnant but my doctor only worked with The Women's Hospital of Texas, which i loved.
  • edited October 2013
    @perly my stay was great I love that hospital they always take good care of me and they took good care of my baby. They have me and my husband a really nice celebration dinner with cupcakes that has its a boy on them. It's just a really nice hospital with nice caring people
  • I am not looking forward to that pain at all. That is what I remember most about post delivery.