wic question ladies

edited October 2013 in Pregnant
Our Wic programs shuts down at midnight. I called a few moments ago. Someone answerd the phone and said they were still good that the store would tell me if they weren't. I'm hearing so many stories I don't know what to believe. I guess I will find out next time I use mine.

Comments

• I'm not sure. I heard it'll be shut down tom. I hope not. I got most of my wic but I have milk I need to get :(
  • I read that WIC wouldn't get affected by the shut down. But i haven't called my local office.
  • I heard it was going to be shut down? I don't have wic but I believe I saw it online.
  • Here in NC they shutdown no new voucher no new members. I don't understand though different counties are doing different things. Some are getting sent to apply for stamps or snap. I called and they said the store would let me know. I'm kinda bummed but also thankful my baby girl is breastfed. @perly @morgdeebee @pumpkincupcake0307
  • I see. I usually go to a WIC store on the first or second of the month and i get everything on my list. I get like 3 gallons of milk so i usually get one and freeze the other two so they won't go bad. That's about it. The rest of the stuff i get i use very quickly.
  • In NC, you must keep your appt and you will be put on a wait list until the shutdown is over.
  • It depends on where you live. Here in CA we can still use our checks and the offices are open