Update on SO giving DS formula.

edited October 2013 in Babies Health
He was constipated and had gas. He hadn't pooped all day because of the formula. All he did was fart. My grandma did the old thermometer trick. As she did it he was farting and finally a big wad of poop started running out.

He was crying all day. He was never cried like he did yesterday. Finally after a good poop his stomach softened up and the crying stopped. My baby was back and feeding right.

SO called last night to speak to my mom. Really? They talked for a while. He said he was coming over Wednesday, my birthday and the baby's 1 month check up.

We'll see how things go from there.

Comments

• I'm sorry your son had trouble pooping. Hopefully he's good now.
    Why on earth would he call your mom? Id be pissed about that, to me it would feel like he was treating me like a child.
  • @natashalynn: He called to talk to her to avoid talking to me. I thought it was hilarious don't worry I was on the cordless phone listening to everything, on mute of course. Like a side my mom was 100% on my side but she listened to his side. That was really a bitch move of him.

DS is doing much better and he slept better last night too with the occasional feeding and diaper change.
  • If I were your mother I would say hell no your not. Until you grow up and take same anger management classes your not going anywhere near my daughter or my grand son. No matter what age we are my parents will always protect me and my kids in that way because they love me and I'll always be there little girl just like my girls will be mine. I wouldn't let him cause crap on my birthday.
  • @jules: He's only coming to the doctors appointment. I'm not doing anything for my birthday but buy myself a cake and some ice cream. My mom doesn't really like getting into my personal business she wants us to work it out but she agrees we may need some time apart.
  • Is she going with you to the doc appointment too? Well hope this ok.
  • I'm sorry your son had issues from the formula. I hope you tell him what happened and how miserable your son was. I think its good he still wants to go to your sons Dr appointment. Try to bring up breastfeeding and if the Dr is worried about his weight. I would tell the Dr I keep getting told that I need to stop breastfeeding that my son is to tiny. Not to start drama but when I would get advice and rude advice I would tell the Dr what was said and get reassured I'm doing everything right. Good luck and keep us posted
  • @jules: My mom has to work so she can't come..

@debs: My mom told him about how DS was constipated and gassy was when they talked. That was another reason I wanted to wait until his doctors appointment because if I did have to supplement I wanted to know what type of formula to give him and how much to give him. I will bring it up at the appointment. I do that too when I have been giving unsolicited advice about my health and babies health. I hope my little man has put on some pounds to prove SO and his mom wrong. Show them that I'm doing a good job.

I don't get why people feel that they have to but in people lives because you aren't doing it how they did it. Let me raise my child how I want to. As long as he is healthy, thriving and happy that's all that should matter. Long as he isn't being neglected leave us alone.
  • Poor baby. Im glad he's better. My son got constipated once and i wanted to cry with him. I had to give him prune juice (i watered it down) so he could poop.

It sucks that SO is still acting like that. When you go to the baby's appointment, make sure to actually ask the doctor what he thinks about your babies growth and his opinion on bf and ff and what he recommends and so on so that SO can actually hear it.
  • Well maybe take friend with and meet him there let him go to the appointment then you go home he can go wherever he came from. Until his ready to apologize meaning his wanting to work on his attitude and make sure nothing like that ever happens again I wouldn't give him the time of day..he acted with emotion and that's never good especially with kids things and one that young.
  • @perly: I was crying with him. I'm going to ask the doctor about it and let him tell SO about it.

@jules: I talked to my cousin about taking me and she'll be there.
  • That's great! I'm sure it will go well you just tell your doc that you feed him either every two hrs or sooner if his hungry just on demand. I'm sure the doc will say that both you and baby are great. His obviously going to say that breastfeeding is best and your son has done great job in gaining weight. Like you days before he hasn't lost so you have nothing to worry about :) I would even say unless the doc says it first. So should I just continue doing what I'm doing? And he will say YES then you can tell ur SO and his mother to shut it cause your doc specifically said just continue what your doing. Which in other words means keep up the great work!
  • @jules: Thank you.
  • Your doing a great job! Don't let anyone tell you differently. And I know from experience that formula fed babies do not sleep any longer than breastfed. Like Jules said, he's not losing weight so your Dr should be on your side!
  • @sands3: Thank you. He should be and will be. I know a few formula fed babies that are small and don't sleep through the night. What works for some don't always works for others.
  • She's right my daughter was breasfeed and slept way before and much better then this girl I know whose all 3 kids were formula babies. I don't thinkthat part has is too much effected with sleep. There r lots different things that play role in sleep.