Transitioning baby to crib/packNplay?

edited October 2013 in Sleep
As most of you know I live in an apartment with my mom, so DS sleeps with me. Now that he is a month old it's time to get him off my chest, out my bed and back into his packNplay.

How did you bed sharing (co-sleeping) moms transition baby from your bed to their crib/packNplay?

Advice from all moms is welcome but I would really love to hear from moms who lives in 1bdrm apartments.

Comments

• I'm probably not much help because we did not get my oldest out of my bed tell she was 19 months but the only way she would sleep in her room was if there was noise or the tv on (we put a timer on so after so long it turns of the dish box and only has the tv ring all night) and now she won't sleep in our bed at all
  • I felt like I lived in a one bedroom apartment. Me and the hubby lived in my parents house when I had my daughter. When she was a new born she only fell a sleep on me so we let her sleep with us finally I had to move her out of our bed a month later I would let her fall a sleep on me then move her. Then eventually like a month I would put her down and turn everything off and go to sleep. She slept in the same room with us till she was one when we moved out.
  • Maybe start by putting him in the packnplay for naps during the day first. I never let mine sleep with me from the start, so I'm not exactly sure how to transition, but I think that's what I would do.
  • The best thing is to start early we are still strugglimg to get our 2 year old out of our bed completely. This new baby won't be in our bed at all. Good luck!
  • @Angelmonkeymelody: I can't have him in my bed at 19 months. I would crazy that's when they start to sleep wild. Lol. But that's a good idea though.

@debs: I'm in your previous situation. That's exactly how he falls asleep on me then I would lay him next to me. Now he's a month and its time to get him used to his bed before I go back to work in December.

@Wilsomom: As soon as I lay him down those eyes pops open. I think it's the mattress.

@Jessibear: Wow. I hope to get him in his own bed before 2. My cousin daughter slept with her until she was 7.
  • We had no choice but to put her in our bed because even she was 4 months we lived in a hotel and she got to big for get bassinet but then when we moved to our apartment her room became a catch all tell just before my second was born we finally got her room together
  • @Angelmonkeymelody: That's understandable. If I didn't have the money or the packNplay I would let DS sleep with me until I moved or got a pNp.
  • Ya my daughter hated her pNp so we had no choice and still does lol
  • @Angelmonkeymelody: He slept in his pNp the first few days then I don't know what happened. Maybe it's the mattress.
  • Does he like swaddling? That's how I got my boys to sleep in their PnP. I would sleep on one of their receiving blankets so it had my scent then swaddle them in it. I think it helped. Also, maybe a white noise machine would work. :)