Dr. appointment today

edited October 2013 in Pregnant
I'm going to see if he'll sweep my membranes. I've been having false labor for 5 days and it's driving me nuts! I told my hubby, just imagine someone giving you a hug around the waist for 45-60 seconds every 8-10 minutes for 5 days around the clock! Lol

Since I've had so many kids I guess this is considered "normal" for me, but it's really starting to drain me. It was getting really strong with lots of pressure last night so I thought maybe it was finally turning into the real thing, but it slowed down again. Ugh!

I'm 38w2d today.

Comments

• Good luck!
  • @sands3 Thanks!
    He couldn't reach my membranes because my cervix was so far anterior, but that's good because 2 weeks ago it was still posterior. I guess all the false labor was at least moving my cervix into position! He said I'm only about 1cm dialated so far.
  • I'm sorry he couldn't sweep but sounds like your making progress! I was only at 1cm until my water broke even then when I got to the hospital I was only two but things moved pretty fast. Your almost there! I'll be praying that happens soon for you :)
  • Good luck hope you go soon.
  • That's sucks. I hope things start progressing faster for you. Good luck.
  • Hope things start speeding up!!! Good luck. Have u tried some good ol bump n grind? :-D
  • @adri805 Yep tried that!! :D Just gotta wait it out I suppose! Lol
    @veevee Thanks, I hope so too! :)
  • Any updates? :)
  • @starrxoxo9 No, I haven't had any false labor this week either. :( Thanks for thinking of me though, I have 7 days until my due date.
  • edited October 2013
    Let's hope you go into labor before then. Elijah was 4 days over due and it was killing me. I thought I would be pregnant forever.
  • @veevee I know! My last 4 were each a week late and I barely went into labor before the dr's wanted to induce me. I don't like being induced so I'm praying I go soon! :)
  • How exciting! I still can't believe you're almost due, lots of labor dust! :)
  • Aww I'm sorry :( That baby is just super comfy ;) Any names yet?
  • I hope you don't go over your due date again that's not fun. Hopefully very very soon!