Maternity leave

edited October 2013 in Pregnant
I have a job interview on Tuesday...I don't have to tell them I'm pregnant right? But also if I do get hired, I wouldn't get maternity leave bc it's a new job right? I'm stressing out and am wondering if I should even bother going if I won't be able to have a little bonding time with my baby.

Comments

• When I worked with my first I wasn't full time yet I got no paid maternity leave but was able to use my vacation time for two weeks pay it was better then nothing even if I got nothing I still had a jib to go back to but ended being a stay at home mom. I found this article that most jobs its unpaid but just about mandatory if you want the leave to give it but unpaid

http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-life/maternity-paternity-leave/maternity-leave-questions-answers/
  • @debs thanks!!! Is it even worth it to take on this new job? I'm a bit stressed. It's also not in the same town...it's in my home town which is 45 minutes away.
  • I guess for me I would try its a job and income before the baby comes. If the pay is good then the drive shouldn't out way it. My hubby drives 1hr20 to get to his job because in the end we still make more then him having a job 15mins from the house. When I went to work at the bank I was 4 weeks I didn't tell them till around 12 weeks.
  • Ok, I think within a month or two they will notice. I'm 5 months.@debs
  • If you get the job you might want to tell them before they ask. With my first I was able to hide it from my family for 7 months. I hope you get the job if that's what you want
  • Well your already 5 months they will notice very soon for sure. If you need the money and the pay is high enough to take care of the gas it's worth it. No matter what you can get some leave but doesn't mean it will be paid. In my eyes it wouldn't hurt to go to the intrrview and see how it goes and be open that way you can dedecide what's best for you.
  • It depends on the place. When I was pregnant with my first I got hired at 36 weeks. No one could tell I was pregnant. When I brought it up a week later everyone was shocked but I was still eligible for 6-week maternity leave. However, with my daughter I got hired at a different place at 32 weeks and I was not eligible because their particular policy required me to be there three months and I was due in two. So the lady said I could maybe get two weeks max off.
  • It's at CVS. I just got another job and it's for a financial company and I get paid as much as I can handle meaning I get paid on how many clients I take on and I can go in when I want into the office and to the meetings. I just gotta be willing to do the work to make $, obviously. Like any j
  • edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
  • job. People make really good money and I can make a couple thousand depending on ur client load. It's a pretty awesome company. I just have to do the training to get licensed and have to take and obviously pass the state testing to be able to start and get clients. It's like ING or Charles Schwabb etc... I would really lieu to make some money but it's going to be stressful trying to figure things out bc my older daughter goes to school so I would have to figure out what to do as far as when she gets out of school and the job is 45 minutes away. My mom can watch my little one. I also worry that driving that far everyday or a few times a week might kill my car. Lol, it's a 93 Toyota. I'm very stuck as far as what to do. @jules @tjscrd @debs
  • By going to an interview, you're saying you'd like more information about the job, it doesn't mean you have to take it. Do the interview, see if you geI it, and go from there.
  • Well even if they offer it doesn't mean you have to take it..I would do the interview be totally honest that way you know exactly what to expect and what they expect then gives them and you more info and time to think..that's the only way you will know what to do for sure without looking back and thinking what if?!
  • @natashalynn @jules I think I'm going to I for it....even if it means just working for a few months....but I'm getting ahead of myself. I'm kind if excited. Just don't know what to wear yet :)
  • That's great I wish you the best hope they are very understanding and from my experience they appreciate the honesty plus when you go in there with questions it makes them feel like you're confident and sets mood that you're already part of their team rather then them just interviewing and judging you you look like you have the upper hand that they would be lucky to have you..I had to participate in few interviews and help my manager we were very close and she knew she could trust me plus I was there the longest therefore I would be training and working with these girls so I know that both my manager and I liked the honest once who came with questions not just sat there waiting for our questions the entire time. I'm sure no matter what you wear professional obviously the main thing is how you carry yourself. You will do great!