gestational diabetes

edited October 2013 in January 2014
Anyone else have it?

Comments

• My cousin had it and gave birth to a healthy 7lb baby boy. He is now a very active healthy 8 month old.
  • I was just arguing with my doctor about this yesterday. I was borderline with my first who was a healthy 8lb 1oz baby and is now a healthy 2yr old. This time I failed the 1hr test (by 10 points) and they want me to take the 3hr test. I refused to because I know that I'll just be borderline again and I'm close to my due date so why bother. All you have to do is eat lots of veggies and proteins and stay away from sugar and carbs.
  • I had it with my first I had ti so the shots because the pills didn't work had a healthy babygirl with no complications just follow a good diet snack a lot healthy and exercise eat lot of veggies
  • edited October 2013
    They thought I had it as I was borderline but I don't. I had to change my diet and exercise more. I was also pricking my finger four times daily. I had to eat six small meals and limit my carb intake to only 30gs of carbs per meal after meeting with a dietician. I did a two hour glucose test when I was 21 weeks and ny it came back normal. But due to the misdiagnosis I followed all their instructions for about 8 weeks!
  • Thanks everyone for your feedback and experiences. I have to poke my finger 4 times a day and now taking a pill as well. I have been stressing about this probably more than i should. I just want a healthy baby and pregnancy. I think ive read too much on the bad stuff that can happen. It is good to know others have gone thru it and have had healthy babies. :)
  • edited October 2013
    @veevee yeah no fun at all I was kinda upset that they put me through all of that stress due to their own error.