36 wks and admitted overnight :( update

edited October 2013 in Pregnant
Blood pressure has been rising lately and BP meds weren't working. Came to ER per doctors. They were debating to deliver baby or not. On call doctor called my doc and he up my BP dose in hopes it goes down. Will know more in the morning. Just hoping we can wait atleast another week for full term. Baby is estimated at 5lbs right now the doctor did a ultrasound and said he might hv some growth restrictions :/ I was induced with my daughter at 39 weeks for growth restriction yet she was 6lbs 4 ounces. Im very petite and small 4'9 119 lbs. I hv only gained 14 total this pregnancy. My mind is boggling. Just asking for prayers for my son and I

update: I had my son at 4:48 pm. Went from 4 to 10 in 45 mins and 3 pushes he was out. And for a 36 weeker we are blessed with a healthy 5lb 3 ounches 18 inches. Not bad for 4 weeks early. Im so in love and will post pictures as soon as possible

Comments

• Oh no I'm sorry :( I'll be praying the can keep it down and baby can stay in longer!
  • Im so sorry. But stay positive, everything will be just fine. I'll be praying for you and your baby.
  • Thank you @jules and @perly. My 2 readings overnight were very normal. Guess uping the meds is what I needed. Hoping thats a good sign. Still gotta wait till doctor comes in to see what his plans are. Thanks again :)
  • edited October 2013
    That's good to hear. Hopefully they'll let you go or keep you're until your full term.
  • So glad the meds worked, praying you can carry to full term.
  • That's great news!
  • Thank you ladies. Unfortunately my BP is still elevated once I move around and doctor said no more chances. Im getting induced as we speak...Please send prayers our way as baby is only 36 weeks gestation
  • Oh I'm sorry! But 36 weeks is very close to full term so I'm sure everything will be okay. Try to relax and not worry, I'm praying everything will go smoothly with no complications and your baby will be perfectly formed and not have any trouble breathing or coping with being born a little early.
  • October babies are pretty awesome :)
    I hope everything goes smoothly and you meet your healthy son soon!!
    Were you having blood pressure problems beforehand or did it come out of nowhere?
  • I'm sorry I'm sure that's very scary and stressful but it's only a week away from full term. I hope everything goes smoothly and your baby is nice and healthy! Will be keeping you both in my prayers.
  • Prayers sent your way, my son was born at 35 weeks and was completely healthy with no time in the nicu.
  • Thank you@wilsomom :) @kimberly4411 it was starting to elevate and they just watch it over time and now my doctor doesnt wanna risk my health nor babys. However its not Preclampsia. Hypertension is what I hv. I just got checked im 2cm dilated and 50 percent effaced. I came not dilated or effaced.
    @jules thank you
    @jessiebear really? Thats good to know and so glad your baby was perfect :)
  • I agree with @Kimberly4411 October babies are awesome. I'm one and we rock.

Will send a prayer your way. 36 weeks is borderline full term.
  • Yes so stay optimistic. You are almost full term and many babies born at that gestation are completely fine.
  • Keep us updated! Sounds like things are going smoothly, I hope they stay that way :X
    No stressing!!
  • Thanks ladies!! Im doing well so far. My doctor just came to see me. Hes great. He isnt the on call doctor tonight but hes staying with me till the end. So far so good. I really appreciate yalls kind words and prayers. Xoxo
  • Glad it's going well that's great! I have good feeling everything will be great :)
  • That's great that he's staying with you!! Let us know how it goes when you can. :)