VTech Innotab. Yes or No?

edited October 2013 in Pregnant
I am thinking about getting my just turned two-year-old the Innotab 3S for Christmas. I like the VTech over LeapFrog because it has a recharagle power pack (vs batteries) and you can download apps geared toward 1-3 year olds.
For her birthday she got a VTech laptop and the games and mouse are still a little too advanced for her, but I know she will grow into it.
With that said, I'm wondering if anyone has gotten this for their lo and how they like it. I am trying to decide if this is something she can use now that will grow with her or if I should wait a year to get it for her (maybe her 3rd bday).
TIA

Comments

• I can't find any apps for 1-3 yr olds...I was considering one for my 2yr old...but can't find any games for his age ..
  • I got my 4 year old one for last Christmas and my 2yr old son fights with her for it. He pushes buttons and has a great time with it.
  • @ashley_smashley VTech has an Innotab Baby that is exclusively at Wal-Mart. It comes with apps for 1-3 year olds, but you can download the apps off of VTech's website (they're not cartridges tou can buy in store).

@debs can your 2 year old actually interact with the tablet or does he just push buttons?
  • He makes pictures and plays some of the game. My daughter had a leapster at 1 by 2 she loved it and still loves to play with it. Im going to get my son one for Christmas its a toy they can use for a while
  • Oh, lol that's why I haven't seen them! I do t shop at Walmart... Hmmm might have to pop in and look at them. Are there quite a few?
  • My dad got this for my daughter for her second bday. Its pretty awesome. Even if they can't do everything on it, she loves painting and such on it. I like that it has batteries, cause when we use it for travel, ie, plane or in the car, I don't have to worry about where I can plug it in. Plus its tough. She's dropped/thrown it, and not even a scratch lol. Oh and we put a few tv shows on an sd card so that she can watch something if need be.
  • I bought my son 1 for his second birthday he loves it! I bought the card to download apps off the computer I found games he can play. He also likes to use the paint thing on it and make pictures and he likes to take pictures with it lol. Lol I've always let him play games on my phone and he did good with his innotab games. Worked out great for us he has one that reads the abc's and he doesn't have to do anything and he watches it and tries to say his abc's!
  • My inlaws bought my son a nabi junior for his 2nd birthday. It's really kid friendly and my son loves it.
  • I got one for my son for Christmas last year and he loves it.