I don't want to go back to work.

For many various reasons.

1. My son. I don't want to leave him.

2. I hate my job because management sucks.

3. Ever since I left a bunch of people that I know and liked got fired, transfered or quit, so in my department its a bunch of new people and SO said they are lazy and don't want to work. I gotta come back and work with these people. Plus they're untrained. I have a baby at home I don't have time to baby people at work. The stories SO told me. SMH.

4. I'm still on "probation" one more write up I'm fired.

5. The pay suck since cut part time hours to benefits full timers.

I really want to quit and find a better job because where I work now is not worth leaving my son.

Comments

• Well you know what they say it's always easier to get a job when you have one. It's very very true you look better to the new people you are interviewing because you already have place that likes you. And if you don't have job they automatically think oh I wonder why she doesn't have job like what's wrong with her.
  • @jules: That is true. I'm really contemplating on being a SAHM.
  • Well if it's something you can financially do and you think you can handle being at home more not as much adult conversations and obviously want to be with your son 24/7 then it's for you :) if not then you can look into new job and give it a try it wouldn't hurt you can always quite. Then on the other hand you can always find another job after trying staying at home.
  • I was thinking of a year off or at least until he is 6 months. Honestly I'm used to not a lot of adult conversation.
  • Well if you think that's what's best for you and your lo then go for it. You can always look for work ya know. I love being at home with Scarlett and hubby likes it cause he can just come home chill after work since I do most the house stuff.
  • I felt the same way when I had my daughter. I took 5 1/2 months off but I was getting my full pay because I had saved up enough vacation/sick time. I had to go back when that ran out because Icouldn't afford not to work. If I would have been able to do it, a year would have been ideal. I took a year off when I had my son, but I was only working part-time and I had just graduated from college. Plus I lived with my parents when me & his father split up (my son was 4 months old when I left him).

Even though it broke my heart going back to work after having my daughter. I actually kinda liked having a little freedom. I was able to have lunch with co-workers, or go shopping on my lunch break or on my way home. I felt guilty that I kinda liked it. This time around I'm only able to take off 4 months. I'm gonna cry like a baby going back to work.
  • It feels great taking some time off. Adrian turned 5 months on Sunday and im finally ready to go back to work so im applying everywhere now lol. I loved staying home with my son, but i need to return to society for my own sake now lol.
  • @jules: See I wish could do that. I love cooking and can't stand a dirty house. Being at home with Elijah would be cheaper than putting him in day care. Which I'm not. I would love to be one of those moms that becomes a SAHM until their child is old enough to start HeadStart or Kindergarten. My mom told me if I am really serious just quit and get on public aid for a year then get into the job program and they'll help me find a job.

@2ndtimearound: I would rather be at home with a crying baby then a bunch of crybabies at work. Yes there are few people that are still there that I like but I don't see them everyday at work. I wish my lunch breaks were like yours. We only get a 15 minute break unless I work an 8hr shift then 30. Still not everyone can take their break at the same time so I'm bored in the lunch room. Its like prison until I get home. Plus I don't have a car. I'm on the bus and train. SO's hours conflicts with mine. A better job would probably make me feel better.

Also I have a lot of friends/associates and family members have babies and small children. My friends still call and a few have been over. So my social circle is okay.

@perly: I don't think I would do a year but 6 months would be okay. Good luck on your job hunt.
  • Well hopefully you figure something out. Maybe a better job that makes you happy, better pay. I mean if you find good paying job then the day care thing isn't big deal better than being on government aid that's not much plus so stressful. And you don't want to do that unless it's the last resort you know.it's nice being home but I only can do it because my husband's job is enough for us to live off of. Before this job I had to work part time to help provide. I'm very blessed and thankful but if anything were to happen I would hate leave the girls but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • @jules I really don't want to be government assistance unless I have to. I already got Medicaid because stupid jobs insurance doesn't cover anything. I'm going back to work I just don't want to. I have nothing against GA its the people who abuse it I hate.

I have a few friends and family on GA with Section 8 and it has helped them out a lot in a good way. My cousin just graduated from medical school and working on becoming RN. Another one is taking online classes to become a Medical Assistant and once her third child starts school next year she gonna take her regular classes. I know few people who use it the right way as a stepping stone to a better life. Which if I did get GA for S8 I would do it like they did. One of my friends just got off Section 8 after 4 years. She got a much better job with better pay and hours and benefits.
  • That's very true nothing wrong with using it at all when needed but like you said there are soo many that abuse it soo sad I think.
  • @jules: Yeah. I just want to stay home and be with my baby. :-((
  • I am and was same way when I had to go back but that was what was best for my family at the time.
  • I also couldn't do that much time off of work (a year). 5 months was good for me. Especially because Adrian is moving a lot more and interacting with toys, so it'll be easier to leave him with a babysitter and know that he doesn't need the attention he needed as a newborn. Its basically a lot easier taking care of him now, so i feel better leaving him now.
  • Exactly @perly. You feel more save leaving him with people when they are older. Especially around that age.