my dog

So yesterday my husband got a call from the police saying they got 5-6 from our neighbors saying our dog is barking all the time. We were pretty mad because our great Dane is a inside dog but occasionally leave him outside when I go out. So today I had to take my son to the DR's I left my dog inside so I didn't get compliants. Even during the day its let him out to go potty and right back in. So I get home and a hour later the cops come to my house about my dog again I told him he was inside and yesterday he was outside during the day. He said its not about during the day we are getting calls from midnight to the morning of a dog barking. I told him that's not ours. My dog sleeps in the house every night then had to tell him its out next door neighbour who has 7 dog that bark all the time none stop. My 4yr complains she can't sleep because of them. The cop said he was goingto go next door to talk to them. When ever I hear my dog bark I get mad at him because I don't want him to be like the dogs next door. But I don't like that im getting blamed for someone else's dog

Comments

• That really sucks I'm sorry :( well it's good thing the cop was cool and went next door hopefully it will be taken care of and the neighbors realize it's not your dog I wouldn't want to look like the bad guy either especially when your dog isn't doing anything wrong.
  • Maybe if u should video record it??? And show ur dog that's it's not barking while the other dogs next door are just in case you need evidence?
  • @adri805 that's a good idea I might have to do that.
    @Jules we have been tempted to call the cops in the neighbors because of the dogs its really bad but we let it go because we have to live next to them but I'm not taking the blame for someone else causing problems.
  • Well you can call and always say it's anonymous that's something they have to respect. I mean at this point if their dog is the problem and your getting the blame who knows how far it can go and what they can do I would hate for you to have to keep dealing with this or even have to ever face the idea of not having your dog around. Sounds like you have great dog and you do what needs to be done to respect your neighbors.