GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)

edited October 2013 in Babies Health
Adrian has this and im starting to worry because he's starting to make kinda like grunting sounds when he throws like it bothers him.

Anyone has gone through this with?

Comments

• I think my son has the same thing. or something similar. If he laughs too hard he gets hiccups that last forever and of he keeps laughing after that he throws up. :(
    I wish I had helpful info for you, but I don't. have you talked to his dr about it? I'm going to call my son's cause I feel like it's getting more out of control.
  • @musicmomma yeah his pedi knows. At first she told me not to worry (this was at around 3 months before he was making these noises) that its normal and it will resolve itself. Today I took him again and I told her about it and she said that maybe the acid in his stomach was bothering him in his throat so she gave him an antiacid and she said we would try this for a month and see if this works.
    I asked about further testing but she said further testing would require hospital visits and more than likely he would have to be put under and she doesn't want to do that because he's gaining weight like he's supposed too and over all his health is good. So I'm hoping this medicine is the answer cause I don't want my baby in pain or discomfort.