Does this look normal? *pic* maybe *tmi*

So about a month or two back I got into a huge fight with my bathroom.
To make along story probably longer :/.. my mom made chicken :0& and that is one of the things that make me throw up and get very nauseated. Anyway the smell lingered through the house and I ran to the nearest bathroom and *tmi* started violently throwing up. My grandma tended to me while my parents tried to get the smell out of the house and cover the chicken and my sister was watching my daughter. Anyway my hands were filled with a cup of water, napkins, & a wash cloth and I didnt want to lean on the toilet seat to help get up because I was grossed out. So I decided to do the stupiest thing ever... put all my weight on my arm/elbow and pull myself up with (the already broken) toilet paper holder thing. Well it lifted me up a bit then I fell back down and *tmi* the silver part thats screwed into the wall basically sliced my arm and it it got stuck in my arm a bit. I was completely all blood and litterally screaming and crying in pain. Ugh it hurt soooo bad. Everyone ran to me and helped. The first week it burned and hurt every second of the day then it started fading away. We wrapped it good and kept putting neosporin on it and cleaned it every 2 hours or so. I did have a tetnis shot 9 years ago so they said that im good. The weirdest things happen to me..

So fast forward to now.. I dont think its healing the right way at all. Plus it still has a burning/hurting feeling when something touhes it. I think maybe I needed stitches and didnt know? Its basically one long bump and a purpleish color. Do you think its normal looking? I asked my ob when I first got it but she said it looked fine. (She wasnt a very good dr tho..I ended up switching to a different doctor but I forgot to ask him about it.)

Comments

• That's too hard to judge not being a doc. Looks like its healing but at same time it's so raised that I'm not sure if it's swollen because it was bad injury or there is stuff under it that needs to get out. I would ask doc again just in case I would think you would already have puss if it was an infection though. I'll have to show as my hubby when he gets home see if he can somewhat tell from a picture.
  • edited November 2013
    Completely normal. It is a buildup of scar tissue (cannot remember the formal name). Hubby has one where he shot himself with an arrow in the arm (long story).
  • Keloid Scar IS What It Looks Like To Me. My Chest Scared Like That (Open Heart Surgery) It Was Very Raised And Tender The First Year Or so
  • My husband used to work with rebar and one time while he was working the rebar jumped back and cut his arm bad. He had a cut the size of a quarter and all of his skin was pushed back. This is what his scar looks like...

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y401/ncanales14/20131102_104536_zpsf28d332f.jpg

I think that you're healing just fine, but if it worries you then you should definitely ask your ob.
  • That's definitely a keloid scar. It's normal.
  • I've seen some like that. Looks normal. Ask ob though for sure.
  • I have several scars like that, they are also tendee and sensitive to touch. Its normal. Sometimes they itch as well and I have had them for years, a couple stayed the purple colors,.others faded to white
  • @jules Thanks :) Let me know what your hubby says :)

@minx1018 Oh how scary. Glad hes okay!

@chelcie89 @mijita Oh wow okay I see. Thats exactly how it feels. Really raised and tender. Keliod scar it is! Im happy I have a name to refer it to now. Rather than the ugly scary looking scar.

@perly Ohh okay. My ex had a scar just like that on his back but he didnt know how he had it or where he got it from.

@pumpkincupcake0307 I will for sure. Thanks girl :)

@littlefae ohh okay thanks!
  • He said yea ok its a keloid some things just heal that way.
  • Your Welcome And Just So You Know Its Still Tender To The Touch And Raised But Not Near As Bad (Surgery Was 6 Years Ago)
  • @jules okay thank you.

@chelcie89 Oh wow! Thats a long time ago and im surprised it is still tender. Im happy your okay now.
  • Yeah I'm Ok For Now Will Have Surgeries The Rest Of My Life But It's Ok I Was Born Without A Pulmonary Valve So I've Learned To Deal With It. It's Normal To Me Now
  • @chelcie89 omg im so sorry :( that must be so difficult and scary to live with.
  • It's Not Too Bad Just Dread Never Knowing When My Next Surgery Will Be. They Said 7 To 15 Years And It's Been A Little Over 6 Years Since My Last. But Everything Still Looks Good So Hopefully I Won't Need It Again For At Least 5 More years, But You Never Know.
  • @chelcie89 Oh okay :( well thank God that your okay now and hopefully it will be a long time until u need the surgerys
  • Thanks! I Hope I Have A While Too Cause I Can't Have Kids After My Next Surgery And I Want My Daughter To Have A Sibling In The Next Few Years
  • @chelcie89 oh wow thats crazy hopefully you'll have another im that timing! :)
  • Thanks I Hope So But If Not Its Ok At Least I Got One Little Blessing