I'm insulted

edited November 2013 in Pregnant
This is the second time that I have came to my dr's appointment and they have asked me if I thought about getting my tubes tied. I know they're just asking bc it's probably part of their job and bc I'm on my third but damn, that's rude. Makes me want to tell them off.

Comments

• I don't understand why they would even say that? I mean the only time my doc has said anything was during one my appointment be asked if I would like to talk about any kind of birth control for after the baby is born that way he can be well prepared with as much info and ready for all my questions. But that's his job to ask make sure he has everything converted. I don't see how asking about a special procedure is part of the job/or what they have to ask everyone. Very unprofessional way to handle things.
  • @jules I was very annoyed. This is the second time they have asked me at this clinic and the third time this pregnancy. I told my dr I would think about it and he said he would put in the notes that I would sign the papers....which I never said I would. Then the nurse brought the paper when my dr left and I told her I felt prayers to sign and she said she was sorry and that I shouldn't sign if I didn't want to. I really don't think I would be ready to do it. I think I would want one more, maybe. I asked her why thy kept pressing it. She said bc the dr determined bc of my current situation that I wasn't working and have two other kids. She kept apologizing but it wasn't even her that had asked in the first place. Seriously considering changing my oB care
  • Not prayers...pressured
  • Just tell themto stop asking you.
  • @ashley_smashley I am next time I hve an appointment. It just insulted me bc it's not like I'm a crappy mom.
  • @adri805 tell him you plan on popping out 3 more in the next 5 years. That'll shut him up
  • @kimberly4411 hahahahahahaha I should! That made me laugh :)
  • What are you waiting for? You have ALL the right to put them in their place. Don't forget that your doctor works FOR YOU.
    And you have the right to have as many kids as you want. Excuse my french, but tell them to fuck off.
  • I don't see how it's any of his business how many children you have and your financial situation. As long as his getting his money he should concentrate on his job and not worry about your situation. I mean yes there are people out there who are very irresponsible and have kids just so they can continue to qualify for all the government help. But that's not you. So we all have hard times that doesn't mean things won't get better. God will always provide. And if you want more children on the future when things do get better financially that's not any of his business. I'm sorry that's very rude I would tell that doc whats up. Don't worry about him just enjoy the blessings you do have.
  • @perly @ jules you are both right! I've been told by my fiancé that I don't speak up for myself as much as I should. And I should. I think they assume bc I am on medi-cal/welfare that I am doing what some ppl do as far as not Doing shit with themselves. I just had an interview about a week and a half ago. I do want to finish school. I am going to moe forward as far as getting my shit together and providing for my family. I've just had a hard year and it hasn't got any better but I have hope and faith that once the baby is born, I will get back on track and reach the goals I have set for myself. I've done it before and held a job down and my household as a single mom with my oldest so I know I can do it. It's jut taking a little longer then I wanted to reach my goals and I'm even more motivated to reach them bc of all the ppl that have doubt in me. I DO plan on having one more after this one but when my fiancé is home and I am stable. I think they just see me as someone who is unstable and having more kids. I didn't plan to get pregnant but I don't believe in abortion when everyone was suggesting I have one. Even the nurse at my old dr's. I feel like i am stereo typed into a category that people assume are the type if people who receive government help. Everyone has a rough patch.
  • I agree with your fiancé, speak up for yourself. Next time you go in tell them like this:
    "I DO NOT want to have my tubes tied. And I don't know when I will want that or if I will ever want it so stop asking. I don't want to hear about this again unless I bring it up. Understood?" Lol.
  • @perly will do! I should be able to do it bc this pregnancy has made me a tad bit bitchier and I've been saying things that make my friends and family look at me like "did u just say that??" Bc I'm saying things I always kept quiet about in the past
  • @adri805 I'm become a bitch this pregnancy too! I've shocked several people but am getting tired of getting run over.
    You can do it!!
  • @kimberly4411 that's exactly how I feel!!! I've told my ex mother in law that I don't like her dogs who are like her kids and that her house smells like pee. Lol, I told my sister and she couldn't stop laughing bc she couldn't believe it. It's not always a bad thing to be bitchy. I'm tired if being walked all over too!
  • Thank u btw!!!
  • Sounds like you have great plan. And you know exactly what you want and need to do. And you have great support at home. It will all be ok! I think it's great to be able to stand up for yourself and that doesn't have to be in a bitchy way at all or even rude. Just tell them exactly how you feel there no need to let them be rude or bring yourself down to their level by snapping if you know that I mean. Whenever I have similar situations I always feel better when I speak up but in "nice" way. That way at least for me I know I'm still being true to myself and being nice person while doing it.
  • I'm wondering if perhaps they keep asking is because they see the paperwork in your file and are just following up. It's one thing to push, it's another to be procedural. I know some insurances need prior authorization before they pay. Regardless, good luck with your decision. :-)
  • @mijita It probably does have to do some with whatever is in my file but I feel like it's unnecessary to keep pressing the issue when I've already told them I didn't want to do it a few visits back. I feel like if I had changed my mind then I would bring it up. Thank u :)

@jules I'm going to try to be as polite as I can but at the same time say what is on my mind...I'm just at the point where I'm
    Tired of feeling like I've been pushed around by so many people. It's partially my fault for not Doing it a long time ago.
  • Ya I understand. It's good to say something and hopefully they get it this time.