Hand pump vs electronic pump (which is better?)

edited November 2013 in Pregnant
With my first child I used a hand pump (for all of the two weeks that I breast fead) but my hand use to get tired and I always wondered if I would get more milk using a electric pump. Has anyone tried both, which do u like better?

Comments

• I did have didn't work for me so got electric which I loved. But everyone is different just depends on you. Maybe you can try an electronic of friends see if you like it before spending the money.
  • I used both and love electric better. My hand hurt after the manual it was a pain. The suction seem to be better on manual.
  • I liked my electric pump much better than the hand one. I ended up giving the hand pump I had away because it took too long and I got too tired using the stupid thing.
  • I prefer a hand pump because you can control the suction and you get more milk. Electric pumps are really only good for doing it faster and in less time.

I have the Medela PISA double electric pump and its not working like it used to. I'm thinking of buying more new parts before I toss it to the side for a new one.