idk what to do

My 2 year old had hands foot and mouth disease about a week and half ago she got better with in 4 days or so but now every time she eats or drinks she coughs and when she sleeps she wakes up choking well she just did that but threw up every thing she ate this morning before she fell back to sleep.. my mom thinks it is her tonsles (sp?) Do you think we can wait until Tuesday so our doctor can see her we only trust a few doctor at this clinic

Comments

• That's almost a week away. Try to look in her mouth see if they see red and swollen, or have white bumps. I would go before Tuesday if you see any of those things or if she has problem keeping good down again. Poor thing you would have to have very hard and painful cough in order to throw up I would think she's in pain.
  • @Jules she don't show pain she has a really high pain tollrance for a 2 year old but I will try to see she hates her mouth being touched
  • Well you know her best if you think it's ok to wait then wait until you see her doc. Guess sounds painful to me from reading it. Hope she feels better soon!
  • @Jules thanks I told my hubby we will see what happens today and decide what to do
  • I think maybe u should try to take her in before Tuesday bc if she keeps throwing up she's just going to get super dehydrated unless u start giving her pedialyte pops or the drink. I hope she gets better soon!
  • @Jules and @adri805 we have moved her appt to tomorrow so far she has kept her lunch down hopefully she won't wake up choking again
  • That's good news! Poor baby, that must be a horrible way to wake up. Is she able to eat solid food or are you giving her soups and stuff?
  • Its the solid food that she is throwing up she won't eat soup
  • Well that's good. Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow!
  • @Jules and @adri805 it looks like strep throat
  • So the strep test came back negative her doc sad her left tonsall was a plus 2 and it has to be a plus 4 before they get conserend.. the doc said to give her the antibiotics tell Tuesday and see what happens at her well child check up
  • Well that's good news that it's not step. I hope the antibiotics work and your lo is all better soon!
  • @Jules thanks me to.. its so hard to see your kids sick
  • Thank god it's not strep. It's horrible! I've had it before and I felt so crappy for like a week straight. I hope the antibiotics do the trick and she's back to normal soon
  • @adri805 she has had strep before but last time she had gotten a full body rash and that's how we found out that she had strep because we took her in for the rash and her throat was so badly swollen that her doc was supprised that she was not screaming her head off and that's when we found out she has a big pain tolerance that and when she got an ear infection that started to ooozzz out of her ear and her doc said that we are lucky that it did not hurt her ear drum
  • Oh wow!!! Poor baby. That's crazy!!! I'm glad that's not what she has