mil

edited November 2013 in VENT (keep it peaceful!)
I have so much anger for my mother in law she is piece of s***. We stopped talking to her in 2009 forttrying to be over controlling and trying to be the parent to our daughter. She has taken from us lied about us. The list went on and on. We got tired of it so we stopped talking to her for two years. My husband said let's give her another chance maybe she has changed so two months it went right back to I want to see my grandkids its been a month. My husband worked t
Three weekends in a row then had one off it was like that for almost 4 years she didn't and can't understand we are busy. She has come yo our house uninvited banging on doors. We live 2hrs from her and we told her we will meet you half way we have stuff to do in that area no I want to come to your house for ten mins. She finally pushed me over the edge in may 2013 sent me a text I'll pray for you and Paul. You forgot about me again. I texted her back I didn't forget about you and don't ever text like me that again you need to pray for yourself. It went back and forth I told her she needed to respect us we are the children's parents she said aint going to happen kid. Everything I said she forward to my husband not what she said. Called him left him voice mails. Saying something is really wrong with your wife she has issues. You guys must be having problems. I love my husband and have no problems. So she texted him last week and called him today he never answers her. She said do I get a get out of jail free card for Christmas. I told her we will never see her or talk to her again. My husband now wants go reopen talking to her I won't and don't want to be around her and font want my kids around her she is toxic. Talks crap about my husband when he isn't around in front of them. Has to throw comments at them about last time they saw her its never pleasant. I told my hubby you can see her and talk to her sorry I can't and won't let the kids. I given her chance after chance it never changes I'm done.

Comments

• After our big fight in may the next day came to my house banging on the door I didn't answer she left a present for my daughter nothing for my son. Called my husband said I was having a party I had awhole bunch of people over. Which was a lie my husband even knows that we have a lot of cars I think we had 4 or 5 in the driveway that day and she had only seen one before
  • I'm sorry that is frustrated. But sounds like you and your hubby are pretty much on the same page. Don't take it to personal if he wants to keep giving her chances it is his mother at the end of the day after all. However I don't think you should let it get to you or even worry about what she thinks or says about you especially to your husband. Like you said he knows the truth that's all that matters. Everything will be ok :)
  • That's where I gave in last time its his mom. When do you say enough is enough. My husband after the first two months stopped seeing her made me call her and see her because he doesn't like being around her and dealing with it. I told him I wasn't going to see her on my own I swear this lady has head issues and would kill me and kinnap my kids. My husband agreed in front of our friends also said he wishes he never told his mom where we lived and wouldn't do it when ever we move. @jules
  • I don't think you should give in. I mean if you don't want that in your life and around your kids I would do the same. I was just saying when he brings it up just stay don't say anything kinda if you know what I mean. because he will always bring it up since it is his mom hope I made more sense this time lol.
  • I wouldn't give her another chance, but I would support your husband if he feels like he needs to. Let him try and have a relationship and talk to her, if he feels she changed then maybe take the kids for a visit and have your husband set rules.
  • Thanks @Jules. @my2boys my hubby has sat down with her 4 years ago with his dad (they are divorced) and brother. It did no good. She won't follow rules she makes her own. We have told her no she can't come over we have had to hide in our own house and leave for a day to avoid her. I wishiI had a mil I got along with. But makes me feel like its not just me no one likes her.
  • edited November 2013
    Ya I would get really annoyed and freaked out if I had a mil that just showed up out of no where. I am organizing freak when comes to most things and like to know who and when someone is coming over for sure..I'm sorry it's not fun situation. I know somewhat where your coming from my mil is weird too and does serious things I don't approve of. To the point where last time we saw her was 6 months ago and I have bad lots talks with my family, my hubby, and prayed a lot and had to tell my hubby that I don't feel like good mother by bringing my kids around her. If she really wants to be part of their life she can change. If it's not important to her she obviously won't try and make the effort. Plus it drives me crazy that she will just purchase something for the kids here and there rather then spend quality time. I know that's part of being grand parent my parents her gifts or things girls need. But they spend a lot of quality time with us. They are actually driving up today to be here for the weekend, then coming back for thanksgiving and staying must of December to help with new baby, then we're going down to be with them. We live 6 hrs away now bc of new job it sucks. But my parents are still very involved and if they aren't here or were not down there we talk on the phone everyday. That's more important to me then any object. Point is my family has been here so many times since we moved and my hubby mom hasn't even tried to come out and I think his only talked with her 3 times on the phone she doesn't even call see how he is or how the kids are.