impatient

edited November 2013 in First Trimester
Hi all

I'm 7 weeks 2 days and really want to tell people my exciting news but my DH wants to wait until 12 weeks. This is my second child so I'm not as likely to loose the baby as if it was my first.
I feel good and want to share the happiness.

So should I tell a few people or wait?

Comments

• You could tell a few people, have you had your first appointment and saw a sac or heartbeat? I miscarried my second at 7 weeks so it is possible to miscarry after the first.
    If you've heard the heartbeat a and feel confidant then you could tell a few.
  • I'm from uk so don't get to see or hear him/her till 12 weeks
  • Not to be a Debbie downer but I don't think there's any correlation between the risk of miscarriage and the fact that it's your second. Not trying to be mean or anything, just honest. Maybe he would feel comfortable if you at least waited a couple more weeks :)
  • I personally don't think it's big deal to tell few people that you are very close to. I mean if something happens it happens. Those people will be there for you for support. We told our family pretty much right away as soon as doc confirmed it. And then after 12 we tell everyone else..but I wouldn't do it behind his back obviously. Maybe you guys can find compromise. And congrats by the way!
  • Agree with @starrxoxo9. The risk of miscarriage doesn't change no matter what numbered pregnancy you're on. It's something we women will worry about every pregnancy.

But I agree with your DH. I would wait at least for an ultrasound to tell everybody.
  • I waited to tell everyone also BC I had 2 miscarriages it killed me 2 wait but I'm glad I did
  • I told ppl and then lost my second so when I was pregnant with my third I waited to tell ppl it could be ur 5th baby and u could still miscarry I would wait
  • I was the same way. I only told the people I wouldn't mind telling if I did miscarry. I'm not a very private person and don't mind close friends & family knowing because I would tell them anyway if I was going through a miscarriage.
  • If you want to share then by all means share it! I've known a few people that came out at 4 weeks with just one positive home pregnancy test. I've also seen it go both ways with an early reveal. Of course, anything can happen so keep that in mind when you make your decision on when you share and whom you all share it with.
  • edited November 2013
    Yeah my sister in law lost her third pregnancy. I told everyone early on my first and had a mc. The other two didn't tell a soul until it was 'safe' But its totally up to you.! Congrats btw!
  • I have lost 3. One after my first, then after my second, then after my third. Thankfully no losses since then, but I would not assume you will be fine because it isn't your first, but that also does not mean anything bad either. Some women are blessed to never experience loss and I hope you are one of those. Tell when you both feel ready. Like @2ndtimearound said tell those who you would be able to share any news with. Good luck and I wish you a happy and healthy baby and pregnancy!
  • I'm not saying it won't happen I'm saying it is less likely to.

9 weeks 2 days no problems :)