Any UK mums had/having a Baby Shower?

edited March 2011 in UK
A close friend has mentioned throwing me a shower like in the states. Have any other UK mums had one or have one planned? Another question is do u have to know the gender? x

Comments

• I'm having one and my sister had one, she had twins boy and girl, she knew the sex and it helped with games and decorations and gifts and food and drink, lemme know if you want some info on it :) x
  • I'm having one! I organised my friends for her and it was great fun! Now its ny turn to relax an let everyone else worry about it Haha!
  • I'm havin 1, my auntie an friend r organisin it. I'm jus ther 4 the food ha ha x
  • Am having one 2oth match SIS is throwing it ...
  • I am from the uk and planning a baby shower :-D
  • It didn't get mentioned with my son 4 yrs ago, I guess its taken off a bit more over here now. Thanks Ladies :)
  • I don't think you need to know the sex......for a color theme stick with green and yellows.....
  • Erm my best friend wants to do one for me and is really excited but the only thing is, I'm not sure if I want one. I'm not one for attention you see.
  • I AM!!!
    @yummymummy1
    Lol c me im just waiting to find out the sex & planning shower starts!!!! \:D/
  • Lol good luck with that girl but I dunno yet...@my1staugbaby
  • @pregoagainYAY thats cool as we don't wana know whats cooking until the timer goes off :D @yummymummy1 I don't like the attention either thats y I'm not sure :/
  • My close friends and mum and sis held a small baby shower that they planned for last pregnancy but I had baby really early so was after I had her lol I did feel a little silly but it was fun playing games and getting gifts for me and baby really cheered me up and made me feel supported by those who really mattered. One of my friends has already said she wants to arrange a baby shower for me to make up for missing it last time! Lol I say go for it and enjoy the moment as it does make u feel supported and any gifts are always a bonus! If ur shy just organise a small baby shower with those u trust and are most important. It doesn't have to be a massive event if u don't want it to be. Even a nice tea party or gathering round ur house for a chat and catch up is better than nothing as long as YOU enjoy it! x
  • Ps I went to a bigger baby shower event for one of my friends and she didn't know whether it was boy or girl so her family and friends used all pastel colours blue pink yellow and green for decoration. But presents eg clothes for baby were neutral colours. She had guess the baby weight at birth chart and pick a boy and girl name. Guess the size of the bump using bit of string around yourself! And even make a nappy out of toilet roll game in 2mins on each other! Lol it was a laugh. If u search the net u'll find loads more ideas in UK too. Good luck! Xx
  • @sunshinegirl83 That sounds brilliant! Thanks for the ideas. Guess the weight would've been cool with my son, no-one coulda guessed he'd be 11 pounds! I personally am dreading the weight this time.. :/
  • I had one thrown by the girls I work with and we had one for my sister in law. We didn't know the sex, just had neutral colours for stuff with a bit of blue and pink. Games included guess the weight, we all took a baby pic in and we had to guess who was who, what's in the nappy where things were smeared in nappies and you had to guess what it was (eg. Marmite, brown sauce, mustard, custard), guess the celebrity from their baby pic, who can hang the baby clothes on the line the quickest!