i post this for help not judgment...

edited November 2013 in Health
I'm having a tough time quitting smoking. Granted I went from over a pack a day to about 5 cigs max, but I'm finding it hard to just be done. With my daughter I had morning sickness like crazy and i couldn't even stand the smell so it was easy.
I want to quit and be done for good but need some advice and don't feel like talking to my obgyn about it cus I know she'll judge me. Maybe its cus I haven't had that first appointment so it doesn't seem real yet?
Anyone have any suggestions? And please don't judge me or be rude, I really am trying and want help...

Comments

• Well cutting down was a great step. Have you tried other things like distractions when you want ti smoke? Maybe at your appointment they can help you more
  • I heard quitting cold turkey is bad while pregnant puts your baby under stress that you need to slowly quite smoking. Good luck quitting
  • I'm in the same boat. I'm 31 weeks and could only cut down.
  • I felt the same way. I wasnt smoking long before I got pregnant maybe 3-4 months but I was finding it really hard to quit. When I found out I was pregnant I wanted to quit cold turkey and I did. It was sooo hard but I visualized my baby being surrounded by smoke and couldn't breathe because of some stupid addiction I had. So I quit just like that. I know how hard it can be and I still crave it (im 30 weeks now.) But I wont touch it or even go near someone who smokes. Im not judging you im just saying my own experience. You can do it. :)
  • I'm not smoker my hubby smoked before I got pregnant with our first and by that point his been smoking for 13 years and he quite well first he chewed nasty but better than me having smoke around then he stopped that. I'm not judging at all since I've never been in your shoes but I agree you can do it! And just picture the effects it can have I your lo you got this!!! I'm cheering you on :)
  • I've never smoked but I've been told that its harder to quit smoking than it is to quit heroine. I think cutting back is a great start. Just remember once upon a time women used to smoke and drink while pregnant and nobody thought twice about it. Most of our parents and grandparents are from that generation and they turned out fine.
  • My mom smoked her whole pregnancy with me. I was small but no other problems. Try not to put so much pressure on yourself. Cutting back is a great start. Hopefully you can quit altogether soon.
  • My mom smoked with all of us (3) and we are fine. Try to do four tomorrow and the week after do three. Even if you take four and smokes 8 times by halfing them its stil less.
  • Sorry @newmama16 I'm no help but I am going to jack your thread a moment
    @jules how did you support your husband through quitting? Hubby plans on quitting his chewing tobacco Wednesday, he has tried several times in the last 5 years and always says I wasn't supportive enough. I get so angry when I see him dipping that I really want him to be successful this time around. Any tips?
  • @Kimberly4411 ya its super hard cause it's nasty and I have no ability to just keep my mouth shut and when I really wanted him to quite I had to just shut any negative comments and we found something he really been wanting to buy and I just said if he wasn't spending that money on chew he could buy it that got him excited! But I would encourage to either not say anything or positive things only! I hope he can do it. My hubby works nights and finally stopped and would just use a vap here and there if they had to transfer patient to stay awake. Well some bitch at work stole the charger to it..so his been using some chew at work while his trying to find the right charger for his vap. But before that he went long time without it! And it's only been little bit since so I'm trying to be positive and understanding that really helps them stay up at work. That way he doesn't become addicted and starts using it all the time again.
  • Have you considered switching to electronic cigarettes? You're vaping nicotine instead of smoking tobacco.