5 week old baby very fussy

edited November 2013 in Babies Health
@wilsomom or anyone who might know or have advice. My son will be 5 weeks tomorrow. He has by far been a great baby. Only cries to eat or needs a change. And at that it's more whimper than a cry. Today has been way different. Super fussy, crying so loud as something is hurting him. I gave him gas drops earlier to see. He's burping after feedings and eating as normal. He had some green snot come out of his nose in one of his crying spells. Im just not sure what to try next. I can't put him down either. He seems more at ease in my arms right now. Mind yall from day 1 till last night he's been sleeping in his rocker. So it's not like he's used to the arms. He was 4 weeks early and my 2 year old did have fever last week then came a runny nose. However I did the best I could to keep her away from him. Any advice would help. Im one exhausted mommy today and just want my little boy to feel better :(

Comments

• Could He Be Teething? My Oldest Was Like That Tell She Started Teething At 4 weeks
  • Have you heard of wonder weeks? :) I'd see if anything is happening at 5 weeks.
  • Could be a growth spurt along with not feeling well. The green snot is definitely a sign of infection. Has he had any vaccines recently? That can do it too. Also look to see if there's any hairs wrapped around a toe or finger. Do you breast feed? Maybe it's something you ate? Hope he feels better soon! I never heard of wonder weeks, @fate is that a website? I'd like to check it out too.
  • edited November 2013
    @wilsomom It's a book, or you can get the app ($1.99) that shows you what's going on inside baby's head. My app shows a black cloud over 5 weeks with a lightning bolt, but it depends on when your due date was. It shows the leaps your baby goes through and when to expect crankiness from your baby having a hard time because of the leap. It's always been DEAD ON for Davey. I love it.
  • Thank you so much ladies! Im def gonna check out wonder weeks. Thanks @fate. @wilsomom it may very well be a growth spurt. He's been his normal self today. I did take him to the doctor this morning and they said he seems fine. But im gonna have to saline his little nose due to that snot. However Im glad he's back to himself today. I was getting worried
  • Yay, that's good! Growth spurts can cause the fussiness for a day or a few days.