I got my link card.... Yay!

Wow did I get a lot or Link/Snap is doing rollover benefits. I applied for it in November and they told me it take 3 to 4 weeks. I'm at SO's house and my mom just called me and told me I got my card. I told her to open and she told me I got accepted and gave me the balance. I activated my card and the amount doubled.

Turns out I got my benefits on the 1st of November but my card didn't come in the mail until yesterday and my didn't check the mail until today. I'm pissed off about that. The combined my December benefits with my November benefits that's why it doubled. I didn't know LINK did rollover when did this happen.

Anyways I'm trying to get SO to take me to go pick up my card but he was refusing at first. Now that his brother needs a ride back to school he decides he wants to do it. Lazy ask (Yes I said ask).

Comments

• Lol yes isn't it amazing. They lost my application for 3 months and had, to go all the way back plus that current month when I first applied. And each month what you don't use will roll over and add on to the next month.
  • What's link? I know you were applying for some benifits im happy it all worked out for you!
  • Yay!!! Yes it always rolls over
  • @OhHowWonderful, @adri805: I had link before and didn't rollover. I'm glad I got the extra money. My freezer and deep freezer is about to be full tomorrow. Lol.

@jules: Link is foodstamps.
  • Really? Maybe it's a new thing in ur state??
  • Oh I didn't know it was called that. Well glad all worked out
  • edited December 2013
    @jules: Me too. This is only temporary though.

@adri805: It probably is but the last time I had Link was like in 08 or 09 and it was only for 2 months. Things have changed since then.
  • Yea that's ok sometimes we have to take care of our family but it's good that your not planning on depending on it for long time. When my hubby was without job we had it for two months was very helpful but we were very determined to figure things out for ourselves. And God has blessed us very much with the new job!