Well this is sad..

I just realized I dont have "a special person" to cut the umbilical cord when I deliver. I want to cry :'(

Comments

• First of all I'm sorry that your sad. But maybe this will make you feel little better. My hubby got to cut our first daughter obviously and with our second I wanted to do it soo bad I even told him. But I felt bad cause I know it's special to him so I'm jealous you get to do it yourself!
  • The dr cut mine both times. My hubby was grossed out by it the first time and my second delivery, he got there 5 minutes after the baby was born. Have your mom do it. Grandma is a very special person. :)
  • edited January 2014
    I didnt realize this was a double post. Sorry guys.

@jules Aww :) I wasnt even sure the mom could do it. I never tonight about it I think I would freak out about it though seeing what was inside me it would make me think of a worm lol.

@rtmommy Aww. Im thinking of just getting it over with and letting the dr do it. I dont think my mom would be up for it. Plus I dont get along with my mom too much she would think she owns her kuz she cut the cord. Blah :( its just a sad feeling
  • Well the doc is obviously perfectly able to do it. I know for me it's very special so I would do it myself if I were in your shoes. But if you know later on you will still be perfectly fine with the doc have done it rather then you then go with that!
  • I'm sorry, hon :(
  • If it makes u feel better, my husband won't be around to do our daughters. I'm so sad he won't be around for the birth of our daughter that idk if I even want anyone else in the room with me yet.
  • edited January 2014
    @jules I think ill ask the doctor to do it :)

@rtmommy thank younkt will be okay though :) >:D<

@adri805 Aww girl im sorry :( it actually dont make me feel better at all it makes me sad for you :(
    We got this though girl! Im here for u if u need me :)
  • Yea he will for sure. No need to worry about it.
  • Yes we do! Thank u and I'm here for u as well. When r u due?
  • Ur almost there!!!! I'm due 3/7 but according to my calculations it would b sooner but the dr won't change my dd
  • @adri805 Ahh we both are! Im so ready to get this over with! :)
  • Lol, I'm not ready yet! I need to put the crib up. I hope I don't get overwhelmed with a new born, a 2 yr old, and a 9 yr old
  • @adri805 I still need to finish the nursery lol her crib isnt up yet either and I need to steam clean the carpet just to make sure its extra clean for her lol. Its just so much work I been putting it off lately lol. Im hoping i dont get overwhelmed with two I cant imagine three lol. Hopefully your 9yr old will help you :)
  • I'm on the same boat lol. I can't imagine three as well...I'm slightly nervous to say the least and lately my 9 year old has been on a rebellious streak and complains when I ask her to help me with anything. I asked her to help me unload the car after coming back from a trip to my parents house and u know what she said to me? It's your stuff!!! I wanted to strangle her
  • @adri805 Oh no shes in that age :( I thought i was the only one dealing with a meanie butt big mouth lol my little sister is 11 and she sounds just like that. Even though she helps me the majority of the time she has a big mean mouth and a horrible attitude. I guess we just have to wait for it to pass.
  • I hope it passes but everyone on her dad's side has this crazy attitude as it is...and smart mouth so it may stick. I pray to god not bc then I'm gna end up going crazy when she's a teenager. I don't ever recall being a meanie like that!!! How have u been feeling?
  • Fingers crossed it passes! :) @adri805 Ahh I been horrible lol. I want this baby out already! Im getting contractions constantly they just keep stopping :( I want to go into labor im so tired of nnot being comfortable lol hbu?
  • Ur almost there!! Do u get the back contractions or the other ones? Ive been getting dull back pain kind but like once a day for less then a minute and u only know what they r bc it's the same feeling/pain I had with my other 2. I've never experienced anything but the sharp back pain contractions. I'm getting anxious bc I haven't even had a baby shower this late in my pregnancy and I haven't put the crib up. I'm not even close to being prepared! R u all ready?
  • Oh hun im sorry if it makes you feel better my husband didn't cut the cord any of the times. The first time it was an emergency c section no time and the next it was a vbac and i tore so there was indeed no time. Who will be with you in the delivery room love ive missed so much!!
  • I want to hear your birth story Hunnie!!