Diono Radian

edited January 2014 in Babies Health
Adrian is about to outgrow his infant car seat and i was looking into Diono Radian. For safety reasons, obviously, i want to keep Adrian rear facing for as long as possible and the maximum weight limit on this car seat allows me to do that. Aside from that, the seat is good for 10 years so it would be a very good investment.

Anyway, before i make the big purchase i want to get the opinion from Pregly. Anyone have a Diono Radian? How do you like it?
If you dont have it, what do you have and how do you like it?

Comments

• I have 2. My 6 year old is in one and my 13 month old in the other. Love them. Totally worth the money. They go up to 110lbs. That's completely worth the investment to me. :)
  • I have it..I like it..we are refacing still..my daughter has no complaints.
  • Love our Diono! Oliver is 28 months and still happily RF! My only suggestion is to make sure you purchase the angle adjuster if you plan on RF. That was the only way we could fit it in our 4 door sedan.
  • @RTMommy @nameless @ashley_smashley thank you so much ladies. I really want to keep my son rear facing until he meets the weight limits because its just so much safer. Besides, he's used to it so it won't be hard to keep him that way (rf).

I definitely need to buy the adjuster because i have a 4 door sedan and im almost sure he won't fit without it.

I have another question by the way, did any of you go get the seat professionally installed? I've looked up videos of how to install the seat and it looks very easy but im just so paranoid when it comes to my son's safety. I had his infant car seat (well actually just the base) installed professionally and im wondering if i should do the same this time around.
  • My husband did ours. He said the first couple times it was hard to get it tight enough in there. Bit now he is a pro lol. If you go decide, find a CPST in your area! Please don't take it to the fire house or police station, those guys are not usually up to date on correct seat placement nor are the CPSTs.
  • @ashley_smashley that is soo not true. My hubby is paramedic we have lots of friends that are cops and firefighters and just like my hubby they have to take all kinds of different classes throughout the year which cover different things depending on their field. But firefighters are always updated on that stuff it's part of their job..
  • edited January 2014
    @jules Ok I did say USUALLY. It's been MY experience with my local police/firefighters that they are not current on CPST laws. That's great that your husband is.

@perly IF you decide to take it to fire station to be installed please ask questions about when then last time they were trained in this stuff was.
  • @ashley_smashley I'm sorry I'm not trying to be rude or hurt anyone's feelings. You did say "not usually" which means majority of the time. Or at least that's how I took it. It doesn't really matter. Where do you live? That's too bad they aren't on top of that. We have lived in SOUTHERN California most our life until last year and hubby is working for new company they have the same standards here up north as they did down south but I know these companies required by the state to have the employees up to date and taking the classes and their see certain classes he takes that state directly requires if he doesn't his paramedic licence gets suspended until everything is up to date. Which he has always stayed on top of everything.
  • No hurt feelings...just pointing out that not everywhere is like where you live. I had a girlfriend who was pulled over and the police officer asked why her son was RF. When she told him that he wasn't a year yet the officer responded that he weighed enough so should be turned around! That's ridiculous to me! I have quite a few CPST friends here that all have stories about how little these people know. @jules
  • @ashley_smashley that's horrible. I mean depending on the type of car seat yes it could be more dangerous to have child rf if he or she is outgrown that seat but I'm sure she wasn't trying put her child in danger I would not be happy mother if I got pulled over for that.
  • I have 3 paramedic friends and 5 firefighter friends and some in my family. They all have to take classes and stay up to date and be certified in that.
  • @luvmy5 yea that's how it is for my hubby and family and friends. Maybe it's different in other places but that's what I've always thought they had to do. Where are u at?
  • @luvmy5 yea I'm in California. One of our best friends moved to Arizona 2 years ago both her and her husband were paramedics for the same company my hubby used to work for and now she stays at home they have business and his firefighter and my hubby works for new company and they both still have to update all their certificates regularly. Im assuming most states require that in their fields of work.
  • My cop friend said its mandatory @jules
  • @luvmy5 well I know it is for my hubby and our family friends. So I would assume cops are the same they all 3 firefighters, police, paramedic work together.
  • Well I can tell you that the cops in our area are not competent.
  • @ashley_smashley were do you live? I'm sorry hopefully someone gets on top of it and the city takes care of it.
  • Thanks @ashley_smashley. I know cops and firefighters probably have some knowledge about car seat installation, but i rather get it done by the pros. Better be safe than sorry :)