what is this

edited January 2014 in Pregnant
I know that early pregnancy symptoma includes dizziness but other than passing out once with my previous pregnancy that was all. Im having extreme, severe, im not even exxagerating, dizziness. I get enough rest I actually think I'm getting too much. The progesterone I take is taken at bedtime so I dont think thats it. I feel high almost all day I have to rest and take it easy but its getting impossible to do anything. Is this normal?

Comments

• I've never had that personally. But like you said some is normal what your describing sounds pretty bad though. Low sugar maybe?
  • Blood pressure, blood sugar both cause that. Its normal though. Your blood flow increases and your body isn't used to it and can cause dizziness. Stand up slowly and drink plenty of fluids.
  • @salasmommy the progesterone does that to me. I hate it but it works miracles!! It makes me foggy, really really dizzy, super tired and lazy. I'm on 200mg each night. I just told my Dr how its bothering me more this time and he said its different with each pregnancy. Will you be on it until 12 weeks? My Dr said that the vaginal inserts have less side effects but I can't stand the mess.
  • @salasmommy hey sweetie. Long time no see. Ive missed you! So what's going on with ya? Did you see I just had our second little boy on Dec 10th.
  • I had it with most of my pregnancy. They want to check out my heart soon and I was also diagnosed with asthma this pregnancy :( idk if any of that relates to the dizziness but its been severe and thats what they said
  • I felt like that with my previous pregnancy. I had vertigo and felt intoxicated most of the day.
  • @jules @luvmy5 @kenzie0713 @MommylovesSparkle @Mijita

Update: So the dizziness is still really bad its getting so hard to take care of my LOs DH has been here lately and helping all I want to do is sleep. My doctor said its bc I am on 400mg of progesterone instead of the reg 200mg but he did not tell me to come off of it until the 12 wk mark. This is getting unbearable and to put the cherry on the sundae Ive started developing something new EXTREME ITCHING ALL OVER no bumps or anything i called my doctor and he said it was normal. He says its the extreme hormonal changes plus taking more hormones (progesterone) this is just unbearable. Anyone had this? I googled it and some said they had it to and were 6-9 wks pregnant. Yikes my doctor looks like he could care less -.-
    @newflmom2b Hi hun its been foreverrrrrrr!! Congratulations on your new addition! Whats his name? And ive been good besides these crazy side effec
  • I had choleostasis of pregnancy, its failure of the liver. Didnt get it until later in pregnancy, but extreme itching is the sign. I'm talking unbearable, you think you are insane itchy! Look it up and watch for it, it is very dangerous. And no rashes or anything, I called the doctor and told him something was wrong or I was going crazy, they do blood work for it.
  • I talked to him but he isn't concerned i read about that on google he says its my progesterone but I've never had this side effect before. I have to wait two more weeks until i can get any blood work done I really hope that isn't what it is. I had damaged kidneys after my first boy I had preeclampsia and protein in my urine. I really hope its not that. :-S
  • I was itchy with my second it does go away it's probably not because of the medicine. Hopefully your doc is right and there's nothing to worry about. However your really worried then just say you want to do the blood work now.
  • @jules today the itchong hasnt been bad it goes away and comes back its deff super weird!
  • Well I'm sure there are other factors that effect it. And maybe your skin is extra sensitive with all the hormones. Hopefully it passes by soon!
  • I was thinking that @jules and thank you me too
  • Yeah the high dosage is most likely the culprit plus add in normal pregnancy fatigue and having 2 other little ones and you're bound to be exhausted. I hope the itching went away. How's the symptoms? Nausea? Morning sickness? I can't wait to find out what you're having. I'm due any day now and I'm so anxious and excited.
  • @luvmy5 I was thinking the same thing and I'd like to stop taking them but I'm afraid of what might happen. The itching came back yesterday. It was horrible. But as for nausea was in full effect yesterday and even though it sucks it makes me feel better that maybe baby is A OK. I honestly do think that my exhaustion is do to the pills it has never been this bad. I cant believe your pregnancy is about to be over! I feel like it went by so fast. Ou certainly are a trooper! I am so excited to find out the sex too I really want a girl and finally be done with children but my husband says he knows its a boy. He was right the two last times. We will see. Lol