Measuring small!!??

edited February 2014 in Pregnant
Anyone else been told they're measuring small...well baby for being full term? Well almost 38 weeks in my case.

And btw y is it so dead here? :(

Comments

• I was never told measuring small but told my baby would be around 6lbs and she was 7lbs 14ozs. At 34 weeks my friend was told the baby was measuring small but she was fine was around 6lbs. I keep checking back to seen if anyone has posted anything and seems like its been forever
  • Both mine were measuring small and I obviously was too. My first was born 39 weeks and was 7 lbs oz and second was born 40 weeks 2 days and I was way small with her and she was 6 lbs 5oz both girls perfectly healthy!
  • I think I'm fine....I just find it odd bc I've gained 25 pounds with this one. With my last I only gained 15 pounds and she almost weighed 6.14 oz. Then with my first I also gained 25 and she was 6.4 oz. I don't get why they weren't concerned with my last. They had me on the heart monitor for her yesterday too. The us tech said give or take half a pound so she may actually b almost 6 or closer to 5? My husbands family as far as the females r short. His mom isn't even five foot nor is his sister I think. His other sister may b my height which is 5'2 or less. This baby has been the most active too. She bruised my liver from her kicking. @jules how long were each of ur daughters?
  • @debs they're not totally accurate either I heard right?? Was just wondering bc I never had that problem. Totally caught me off guard.
  • I'm a very tiny lady and no one expected me to have a 8lbs10oz baby. Its just to hard to tell they can only guess and most the time its wrong from my experience and from friends experience.
  • @debs I agree. I am pretty small as well and I don't believe it's accurate either. Only way to find out is when she comes. 13 days til my due date. Yes I'm one of those annoying count down ppl!! Lol
  • Omg 13 days its getting really close. I'm a count down person when it gets to the last two months. Good luck and look forward to hearing your birthing story.
  • Yes don't stress I mean if baby is small baby is small what are you to do about it. And the fact that you have two healthy kids and small people in the family sounds perfectly normal to me. Both my girls were 18 and 3/4 inches little under 19 inches. I'm short and my hubby is average high but not tall lol so we knew we would have small babies.
  • I was told I'm measuring small with both. my first was 6 lbs 1 oz but I was induced at 36wks+ because of preeclampsia. And with my second I was 41wks measuring small as well he was 6lbs 9oz However I only gained 15 and 17 lbs during my pregnancies so it was about right but they are okay. :) my oldest is about to be three 39inches tall 45lbs and the one year old is 29lbs 27inches so dont sweat it baby will be just fine. Doesnt really matter how small they are born
  • @debs yes!! I'm so close!!! Yet so far lol. I tell my husband how many days r left every few days and I did the same with our last and he would always tell me to stop counting lol. Thanks, I hope it goes as pictured in my head which is all natural and not lengthy.

@jules I agree! My husband is pretty short himself. He's 5'6 but his little brother is a few inches taller.

@salasmommy I don't think it matters as well. As long as she's healthy. It's not like there's much that can be done. I'm pretty much due any day so it's not like I can take all these vitamins to help her growth which probably wouldn't help bc I'm sure it's just genetics.