From an Angel to a MOnster, don't judege I love my little girl

So You guys have been there through my pregnancy with this one so I figures who else to get support from, I want to say thank you for being there every step through my pregnancy firs off now I am going to copy and past something I wrote, I am just tried of having to rewrite it over and over again .first off let me say I have tried everything with her, time-outs that are no more than 5 minutes at a time. If she messes up in time out she then has to start her 5 minutes over I don't add it on. I have tried spanking, before you judge you need to read the rest. The spanking does nothing but causes a bigger problem, so I save them for dangerous situations, like running in the street because she knows better. Her mental history is: Mother side:, me: bipolar, older sister: Asperger, reattachment disorder, and adhd. Grandmother: Bipolar, auntie all of them: bipolar. Father side: father: paranoid schizoaffective disorder, grandmother: addiction issues, she has been red flagged at every hospital in the city. which means she can not go to the hospitals and get pain pills no more she literally drives an hour to Milwaukee to get pain pills. That is all I know about her fathers side. His mother has told me that he used to get so mad that he would go outside and punch a tree until the bark came off of it literally...Now her: she will be three in a month, so far she has set 4 fires in the house, threw a steak knife at my 1 1//2 year old daughter, hit my 6 year old son in the back with a hammer, she hit screams spits bites kicks and tell her siblings she will shoot them in the head or stab them with a knife. She bangs her head on my wooden floors and holds her breath until she is almost purple when she gets mad, she has an apt but I was wondering if anyone else had experiences like this More Info: she has also hit my son with our dogs choker chains and has night terrors that are out of this world. yesterday she took a nap at 1 for an hour and then when I put her down at 8 pm her bed time like usual she refused to go to sleep almost like she is scared, which I don't blame her in some aspects because she has 4-5 night terrors a night, she didn't go to sleep until almost 4 in the morning and was still full of energy like she had got a good nights rest. She was up at 6:30 am which then I proceed to make her something to snack on and got my fiancé off to work and made her lay back down at 7:30 am she was then up a 8"30 am and full of energy. It is like she only needs two or three hours of sleep and she is good. Nap times she really don't sleep she fights me %95 of the time to take a nap so I have really wean weaning her off of them because she just doesn't go to sleep. I am concerned for her. yesterday me and her was talking no tv no other siblings no one just me and her and we was on my bed and she pointed to the TV that was turned off and asked what's them people. I know she has a wild imagination but when does it call for concern, she looks at me and there is a blank stare in her face me and her immediate family are really the only ones who can hold a convo with her for more then 2 minutes, she is hyper gets distracted beyond easily unless it is something she is interested in then she ignores everyone and everything, also I have 4 dogs 3 of them weigh in between 60-150 pounds so she really isn't mean to them but I just recently got a smaller one who is about 7 pounds full grown and she is so mean to him forces him to stay on her lap if he wants down she squeeze him his paw and when he try to let her know to stop she wont so he will try to nip at her not bite her but enough to let her know that he doesn't like that, which I allow him to because she don't listen to me, my dogs know they boundaries and they would never hurt her. She is always looking for validations asking if I love her or asking her dad if he loves her. (Oh for those who where there during the little bit of abuse her bio dad put me through I did I left him 2 years ago and am engaged to a man that has been there for he from the the time she was 3 months old)

Comments

• Oh wow, poor baby, and poor mama too. My son is bi-polar and I saw signs early on, the night terrors were one. My son also could not handle losing at anything, he would have a meltdown and tantrum from 30 min to an hour. He was not violent, and did listen to me for the most part.

You should try to find a therapist that will do Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT). In California we have some places that the therapist puts you in a room that they can see & hear you interacting with your child. They put a hearing aid in your ear and coach you on how to respond to your daughters behavior. I have seen it help a lot of families.

My son got kicked out of school at 7 yrs old & had to be sent to a special school. I was able to get him diagnosed at 7 and we started trying medications. He is now 17 and doing much better but it has been a struggle to raise him. I have cried many times out of frustration and concern about my son. I hope you can find some help.
  • Sounds like schizophrenia, I'm glad you are getting her evaluated.