mono?

edited March 2011 in Health
I just took my 2 yr old niece to the emergency room well she has mono I'm almost 16 weeks pregnant they said she could have got it a month ago the symptoms just started 4 days ago I've been around her everyday almost and what if I get mono there is no medicine to help make it go away or is that just for her since she is so young or do they have medicine for it? If I do get mono then what will happen.....

Comments

• Lol what exactly is mono
  • didnt laugh at u I laughed at my ?
  • Yea what is that?
  • Well idk how to really explain it but its transferred from spit snot they said coughing but I have shared drinks with her and everything the past months
  • Mono is caused by the
    Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). It is most often seen in
    adolescents and young adults. Children can get the virus, but it often goes
    unnoticed because their symptoms are mild. Older adults usually do not get mono,
    because they have
    immunity to the virus.
    Mono can be
    spread through contact with saliva, mucus from the nose and throat, and
    sometimes tears. Because the virus can be spread through kissing, it has earned
    the nickname the "kissing disease." If you have mono, you can avoid passing the
    virus to others by not kissing anyone and by not sharing things like drinking glasses,
    eating utensils, or toothbrushes.
  • I really hope someone can help me...
  • Man if I was in your situation I would go back to the er and have them test immediately. Mono can't be good for a pregnant woman. I don't know much about it I just know 2 pwople that had it and they got really sick. Or even call ur doc office and see if there is a nurse on call and ask what to do. I really hope you don't have it! Good luck!
  • Thanks I'm really worried but I can call the doctor in the morning and if I do have it there is nothing they can do but I'm just worried about my baby will I harm baby?