I live in an upstairs apartment and neighbor driving me crazy!!!

edited March 2011 in USA moms
So I live in an upstairs apartment and my bedroom is in the attic. Right now it is 11:00p.m. and my neighbor has been screaming at her kids since 9:00pm. All i hear is cussing, screaming, and crying. I know she is a single mom and works and goes to college... But her children are 1, 3, and 9 and she is ALWAYS screaming at them! I try not to judge anyone but I am feeling the need to vent..... The plus to all this my fiance and I are buying a 4 bedroom house and moving in may but sometimes I feel so bad for the kids downstairs.

Comments

• Do u think she just yells when its uncalled for or do u think there is an issue that needs to be addressed for the kids?
    I understand there r situations where u gotta just turn the other way and mind ones own business but not when it has to do with children...
  • I dunno I try not to listen too hard... usual cuss words are hard to ignore. I definitely feel bad for the kids but I think she's doing the best she knows how. I really don't talk to her.
  • Well thats really unfortunate. but lots of kids have to grow up in stressful single parent homes. My Mom was like that with me and my 3 siblings i was lucky though and my Dad took custody of me and my little sister in time for me to start 3rd grade in my new hometown. Good for u that u r moving into a new home soon everything will be better in a house compared to an apartment i also just got myself a 3 bdrm house in time for baby and i came from a 1 bed apartment. Good luck to your family (:
  • Thanks! Good luck to u too... I try to do. Extra things like send cookies down or let them come up and play but sometimes I just want to scream SHUT UP! which she is always yelling at them.... they are pretty quiet now... hopefully it will stay that way!
  • I know this is old but my neighbor is still screaming at her kids! And smoking like a chimney! OMG I'm going to go crazy! This is every night!
  • Oh wow. I had neighbors like that. They lived above me and would let their toddler run around at 3 am. Wtf... the people next to them partied hard all the time and had obnoxious people coming over all hours of the day. I moved out of there, and my neighbors are still loud, but its all in Spanish and there's a lot of random bumps and crying babies. Makes me not feel so bad when me and hubby used to get drunk and blast music at midnight :D
  • LOL I hope I can hold my tongue till I move out! I tend to get mouthy when pregnant....
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Don't care what she does LOL go to he#!.
  • Mine Is horrible! Always has been.... oh well! Not writing for a paper due or homework...
  • I will never get another phone with out a keyboard!
  • Lmao sorry maybe tmi but I just farted really loud above her room I hope she heard!
  • My fiance got a Droid with keyboard. I didn't want to spend the extra money. I so should of!
  • Whats Dutch oven?
  • LMAO how would I do that blow it down the vent? LOL I do smell her smoking all the time! she probably wouldn't be able to smell it over the cigarette and weed smoke.... it makes me sick :0& She was even smoking some when I had family here how embarrassing! th
  • Isnt a dutch oven when someone farts and hold the blanket over your head? Haha but no on the note of parents screaming and cussing their kids... my friend just recently broke up with the girl that had 3 kids (15, 10, and 2) and that's all she did. It was so bad that the 2yr old would run around telling her to shut the he'll up bit** and she would just laugh. I think that's lil bad if you ask me.
  • Oh @babymaxisontheway I think its horrible! I feel so bad for the kids! the oldest always wants to come up to my place all the time. I can't blame her. I am loud by nature but I do not scream at my children like that and even when I do yell too much I usually feel bad and end up apologizing to my children and explaining to them calmly way I reacted the way I did. But to each their own. I don't want to get in her business I just want her to shut up!
  • Not in the house. I smoke cigarettes! well I quit while pregnant. But while smoking cigarettes I NEVER smoke in my house it stinks! and being pregnant now it makes me sick!
  • Yea I know everytime I would be at their house I was just thinking stop screaming at your kids ut I never said anything. She also would just leave the 2 youngest with the oldest and he was potty training the youngest cooking and cleaning at 14!! But it wasn't my buisness to say anything I just played with the 2 yr old as much as I could he was so sweet!
  • @gatorbob I love you half chicken half pit bull pit btw! Lol
  • I know its sad kids raising kids. My older sister have 4 kids and they all raise each other.... My sister has serious mental issues and is not medicated well she self medicates with weed, at least that's what I see she has never said that. For some reason she always slips by cps. She does keep a job and a house and food in the house for the most part. But as far as cooking and cleaning no. She can't even take care of herself. Some of her kids are coming out fine and others I see are becoming problem children. I do the best I can but must maintain my distance in order to keep my family together and keep my sanity. I can't get wrapped up in her crazy world. I often feel bad and very sad about the situation in which my sister and my nieces and nephew are living in.
  • I want a dog so bad! fiance wants small I want big..... I think Im just going to wait now till after baby comes. I will be going to humane society to get one already trained and give it a forever home!