Strong pulse in tummy?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
This is probably a really silly question, but I have to ask and hopefully some ladies know what im talking about. This is my first pregnancy & im 22 weeks, im finally feeling what I know for sure are kicks & jabs from the baby, but I notice a LOT, especially when im laying down that I have like a constant strong pulse in my belly! Its my heartbeat im sure lol, but why do I feel it so strongly all the time?? It just feels weird to me. I guess I just want to hear that its normal or other women notice it too lol. Is it just me?!??? And why can I feel it so strongly??

Comments

• same here,, i want to know also.
  • @ta2edblondie thank you, you as well! Im 22 weeks with my first too! Crazy:) but that totally makes since what you said... I never thought of that lol. All I keep thinking is that I know when I slam my finger in the door or something I feel a major pulse hahaha... so I was hoping this pulse was different heehee. Im such a nerd.
  • My pulse is super strong in my belly too. Sometimes my bd think my pulse is the baby moving, well not as much anymore since I'm 33weeks and movements are like mini tidle waves. I can definitely see it in my tummy and the doc has a hard time getting past my heart beat to her the babies.
  • Im only 11 weeks 4 days, but im sure that when i lie down and press on my belly im sure i can feel a fast little heatbeat going, it cant be mine as i can feel mine at the same time...is this even possible? lol
  • I'm pretty sure its your baby hiccuping!! It's very normal I feel it all the time too I wasn't sure what it was at first but it feels just the way you described.
  • It's your aorta, the huge artery from your heart to your legs it runs down the middle of the abdomen. It pulsates like any other artery and you can prob see it because of increased blood volume.
  • I feel it on both sides. Like sometimes on the left but mostly on the right. Its never on both sides at once so I was wondering what it was too.
  • Yea I feel it mostly on my right, but sometimes all over. All these weird new feelings I've never felt before & don't know what they are! Except for the gas... I definitely know that feeling lol. And it sucks!