Mucus plug...is it normal

edited March 2011 in Third Trimester
Ok so today im 39 weeks exactly well when I went 2 the bathroom this morning I lost my mucus plug and ive heard on here that it could b brown looking and have dried blood. Sorry tmi but mine looked fresh with fresh blood. Is it normal 2 look like that.

Comments

• Yep every1s different mine was mucusy n bright red went into labor 2 days later
  • I honestly never remember seeing the actual plug with mine, but I got a little bright red discharge when I was early labor with my first, so I say yes, its just fine. I would only worry if you started actively bleeding, with or without the plug. Good luck! It sounds like you'll be having your baby within a few days!!! :)
  • Thanks ladies
  • So I lost my mucus plug today and im 2-3 cm dilated and im 40% effaced so hopefully im going 2 have my son soon.
  • I had my baby the day I lost my plug. But with my last one I lost my plug my water broke and I delivered my son all withen an hour.
  • Wow thats crazy. its been 11 hours since I lost my plug I wish it went that fast.
  • @mz_sanders are you in the hospital or at home waiting
  • At home waiting
  • I just hope it doesnt happen when my bf goes 2 work.
  • Try holding the squatting position for 3-5 minutes at a time every 30 minutes. You can hang onto something but it helps baby drop down more and helps you dilate. Or get a yoga ball and rock on it :) congrats hun
  • your so lucky! I'm 29 weeks. :( seems like I'm gunna be preggo forever!
  • @kayleesmommy does it make u make u have contractions after. Thanks
    @devins_mommy I felt like that 2 at 29 weeks but ur almost there u dont have that long 2 wait ;;)
  • I started getting cramping and contractions after and I was induced the next morning (scheduled induction) and barley needed anything to jump start my labor.
  • I been cramping off and on since I lost my plug only had 1 contraction today tho.
  • Try the squatting, rocking on the ball, walking, sex, and warm showers.
  • i will try that tomorrow I dont want 2 go into labor when my bf is at work his work is a 45 minute drive away. Plus we have 2 drop my son and daughter off at my sisters first.
  • I lost my plug at 30 weeks and I am now 36 and 5 days
  • I am so excited for you hope your labor comes fast when your hunny gets home!!!
  • Wat is the effaced % mean... Sorry I keep seein it n I dunno wat that means....@mz_sanders
  • Is it weird to lose part of ur mucous plug and then not lose the rest for a couple weeks? I thought I lost my plug last week but midwife said until I see some bloody show it hadn't all come out, I've been so anxious waiting and waiting for the rest!!!! So very ready to get this baby out, been trying everything to induce naturally - walks, sex, pressure points, spicy food!! Ahhhhhhh so done! Wish I could just will her out of there with my mind alone lol
  • It means ur cervix is thinning out and dilating it it opening up 4 the baby 2 come out. Lol I just found that out friday at my doctors. I feel so dumb cause I use 2 say it the other way around.
  • I had the worst contraction I ever had threw out this whole pregnancy last night.
  • @mz_sanders hope everything goes well I'm patiently waiting I have 4 more days n ill be induced
  • I commented on ur post Idk if u seen it or not If I dont have the baby on my own I will b induced on the 9th. After I had the contraction last night idk if im ready 4 that at all. I think I will wait til I get induced so I know I can get an epidural when it gets 2 bad.
  • Oh ok lol I jus was lost its my first so im still a lil oblivious lol
  • It is common to not loose it? Cause I don't recall ever going threw that with my first and my water broke on its own at home.and I've yet to see one this time around and I'm 35wks...jus curious cause I'm not familiar
  • I never lost my mucus plug with my first 2 so it was a big suprise that I did with this one I got scared at first.