tattoo tips

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
Tattoo tips please girls!
It's my first tatto I'm after and I want it to be of my little girl who is my first child I'm naming her Alyssa. Not sure where to get it & the designs! What do you girls think I should get?

Comments

• I wanted to do my daughters foot on my foot but got stars instead. After baby number 2 is born ill do both their names on the side of my ribs.
    Just wait till after baby is born to get ur tattoo. It hasn't been proven that its safe to get it done while preggo
  • Aww that's cute, I'm planning to do it for mothers day, she is due in 6 days time! So not long! Can't wait! What made you change your mind about the foot on your foot?
  • I love the idea of falling colored diamonds for each child's birth stone...

Pick a part of your body you like..

I also love just the plain name and birthdate spiraling around the shoulder?
  • My tattoo artist said eventually when I'm old it would glob and the stars would semi hold up their shape. Now that I think about it, by the time I'm old enough to have a wrinkly tattoo I. Prolly won't even remember my own name!
  • Been thinking of the back of my neck just her name with something lol but not sure of that something, that sounds pretty the falling diamonds
  • I think we should live life for now , so what if are tattos go wrinkly we will still have that special thing to them
  • Wen my lil boy is born, im gonna put his foot an hand print on my shoulder along with his name and date of birth
  • Oh, I like the hand print on your shoulder idea! I want the foot on foot, by I understand what you mean by a wrinkled tattoo.
  • On tattoos I feel and so do most ppl that it should mean a lot to you and if its to represent your kid then it will be special maybe you could wait to see what you kids personality is like and do something like that. I'm waiting till my son can write his name and have him write it on my body then get it tattooed. The reason most tattooest don't do work on prego women is the body is growing and stretching and can make for really bad work if they will tattoo you watch out they don't care about you or your piece
  • @nihilist. That is such a beautiful idea for a tatto & yeah I won't get the tatto till she is born she's due in 6 days I wanna get one end of match beginning of April.

@Jwigs @averysmom2011
    I do like the foot on foot idea too, yeah hand on the shoulder is sweet.
    Spose ill have to see speak to the tatto artist. Her nan wants to get a Nemo fish to represent her granddaughter as when I first found out I was pregnant I named my bump Nemo but now call her buy her real name Alyssa! Thanks for tips. Good luck with your tats
  • So many options... but I myself like to he a little bit different. So many people have the same kind of tattoo... I would do something meaningful to your family or that represents your child. A birth month color or flower is pretty, name, simple dates or Roman numerals, and again... family things (like if u already have a nickname u cld do that or something to represent it.) I could give u tons of ideas if u need them lol
  • I like the date/names down between the neck and the shoulder(I have one there, just a very pretty spot on a lady). But I'd agree to go with somewhere you're comfortable and would want to show. Top of foot and wrist are pretty as well
  • @mrsrocketfield1221

What you have got on your neck already is what I originaly wanted just her name but want a little something else with it but not sure, if you don't mind I think you should spill some of them ideas you have got! Hehe
  • Im thinkin about a foot print of my baby with his name on my leg.
  • For my lil girl I got a butterfly on my back sholder,purple,blue,yellow,with her name in cokacola letters,,,with a smaller on flyin to the front,with pink,yellow an green,,,,, I love it,,,but im due july with a boy and dont know what to get
  • My aunt has a tattoo of all her kids name on her back its a turtle with all the name on the turtle. That's a hawaiian design tattoo. But I still love the foot print. :)
  • @MrsLaMaster.
    Aww that sounds really pretty!

@islandgirl.
    Think that would be nice where abouts on the leg?
  • She is 5 now an knows thats her tat,, plus she will always know I have her back
  • I have my 1st daughters feet print on my neck with her name above them and birthdate underneath she was very tiny her feet print are smaller than my pinky :)im due to have a girl Cadence* in July and have a 2yr old son i wana get Cadence birth flower on my foot which is a water lily but add a lily pad and frog for my son bc hes my lil prince :) im obsessed with frogs and that was his theme. I have a motherhood knot on my wrist thats pink and black it means a mothers love i got it for a miscariage last year..hope you think of something very meaningful to you!!
  • I love the foot on foot idea. Planning on getting it for both my girls this summer. Never had the chance to get it done after my first, but I will make sure I do this time. :)
  • @lilmomma070811

Your tattos sound absolutely amazing I love them, when the flower and frog is done make sure you upload a pic, they sound beautiful and have a special meaning to you , love it :)
  • @cherry_bump i wanna have it on my right calf cuz I wanna show it off to people. Lol
  • I will :) and thankyou! I will probably get the frog and flower after she is born..im trying to save up for a tattoo on my side its a vine of roses (very very pretty) and i found these amazing butterflies to add to it..its going to be in memory of my mother im gona try adding a cross with 'Mom' in the middle :)
  • Don't blame you wanting to show it off lol

Good luck saving up make sure you post pics when done
  • @cherrybump I'm also having a lil gurl and her name is my next tat try putting her name by ya heart, wrist, leg or arm
  • Okay, thanks :)
  • Believe me when I say you can't go by what a tattoo artist says. I worked at a nursing home and most of the body doesn't get wrinkled that much. Feet shoulders backs calves ankles lower back are not effected as much. Ribs and stomach I've only seen effected when your older and overweight and then lose a ton your skin isn't as elastic as it is now but most people lose that weight because they forget to eat or have a stroke. So you never know but tattoos should be something for yourself not everyone else
  • @cherry... a name in pretty font on the outside lower part of your foot (starting just under the ankle bone) is pretty. Something having to do with your families heritage along side a name or date, symbols in other languages for mother/daughter, zodiac flowers, a flower/hearts you like with your child's zodiac color in it, nicknames or pictures that represent nicknames, an ultrasound pic copied, something having to do with the season your child is born in (snowflakes, leaves, budding flowers on a tree), birds or animals/insects that represent wishes you'd want for your child, a quote or poem for your child (so many online that you can find), buttons with colors each representing your Fam -u, child, father, a heart with patches, pics from a book you plan to read to your baby girl (Dr Seuss, where the sidewalk ends...), stars, a crayon writing her name... so many thoughts! LOL

Its all about personalizing for deeper meanings... this that will touch and remind you. :)
  • i have the open heart design on my foot (means love is never ending) and in the hearts my boys names are in them....i love it now i am on my 3rd and have to get another one on mt other foot!! And it hurts on your foot
  • I am thinking of some ideas im gonna speak to tatto artist soon :) can't wait thanks for help everyone :)