Teen Mommies?

edited March 2011 in Teen moms
I'm 16 and 6 weeks pregnant. Any other teen moms? If so, tell me your story? How are you handling it? How far along are you? How'd you tell your parents? Is the baby daddy helping or no? I want to know if someone has a simular story as mine. I need a partner, but I want someone who went through the same thing and completely understands what I'm going through. Please, and thank you?

Comments

• I was living in a youth hostel when I found out I was pregnant I have just turned 18, I got quite a lot of abuse from my mother when I told her but now we have nothing to do with eachother, my dad wasnt happy but he is extreamely excited now! My boyfriend is the babys daddy he is supporting us he has got a job working nights and we live in a one bed house, his family have been amazing and so supportive, at the beginning of my pregnancy I was scared and dint know if I could do it but after my first scan it was amazing and I knew from there I wanted to keep her, I've lost a lot of friends as they think I'm wrong for having a baby but hey all I need is my princess. I'm also due in 6 days time very scary but exciting! Also have had few problems with the pregnancy but all is well now :)
  • Glad to hear your story, yours sound stronger, but I guess since I'm in the beginging and going through it all now, I'm just weak, and through time I'll get stronger.
  • Ohh the beginning you do feel weak and emotional and like you can't cope, I had a terrible begging of my pregnancy just slept & cried I was horrible to everyone, and was on depression tablets for a bit, but I think the scan seeing my baby made me strong and feeling her kick! It's just hormones trust me you will become a strong young lady might not happen straight away something might trigger it off or when she is born the strength will come in time just don't be harsh on your self!
  • I got pregnant at 15 by the time I turned 16 I was 4 months pregnant with my daughter im still 16 my daughters is 2 weeks an 1 day iam with the dad we live together we've been together for 1 year and 5 months, but you are strong if your keeping your child and your gonna raise this baby then thats how you know you'll be a great mom don't let no one bring you down take a deep breath an blow all the cants away, Good Luck.
  • edited March 2011
    I got pregnant on my 18th bday! What a present that was :) I have been nervous the whole time but I have loved my baby since the second I knew about him/her I am 12w 3d pregnant & the baby daddy is excited as can be :) I dont have aCinderella story when it comes to teen pregnancy..but I make it that way! . there has been a lot of ups and Downs but the reason I'm so happy is because I always find the bright side on every situation.. this baby is coming so don't think of the negatives and stay strong for your future lil man/princess because they are counting on you! Good luck :) :X %%-
  • I was not that young on my first child. I was 19 but so inmature and at the university in the law college with a bright future, that is wath my dad say, them i got pregnant by a navy guy and he just leave me. Well i felt so bad so weak and my family dont help much so i start to working and quite law school (big mistake) my son was bien before the time and that was for all that hard work..so hes first monts was not easy, finally he got strong awesomely beautiful and so lovely, all the hard work all the critics just worth it nothings is that amazing like be a mother. Now im married 23 and with all the support and waiting again for another bless, and you know im not ready. No one is ready so dont worrie everything is gonna be so fine! >:D<
  • I got pregnant at 18 then turned 19 a few months into it. I'm due august 7th. I live with my parents and as far as the baby dad goes he was horrible to me up intill I was 14 weeks and now he can't wait for the baby. I lost my job due to being pregnant. And he quit his before we found out sadly =[ so were both trying to earn money right now I'm 18 weeks and show very much so idk how that's gonna be with lookin for a job and I am in college and being pregnant and school is very hard but we can do it if we stay strong but ur life for awhile will be school homework eat eat eat sleep
  • Im 17 and 24 weeks pregnant. I've been with my sons dad for 2 years and a month. He's totally excited for the baby. My mom was disappointed when I told her but now she can't wait to meet her "little man" that's what she calls him. Haha my dad, isn't in the picture at all and hasn't been like my whole life. My supporters during my pregnancy are my boyfriend, his whole family, his sister, my sisters, a few friends from work, and my mom. Every ones else kinda shut me out cause im so young you know?
  • Yeah, I know. I've lost a majority of my friends. My boyfriend just reacently came into the picture. My parents are supporting, but his family refuses too.
  • My story isnt typical teen mom stuff, but here it goes: At 18, I met and married my husband who was 38 (I love older guys ;) ) and two months after we got married, I got pregnant. I think I might have conceived on my 19th birthday. This baby was planned from when my husband and I started dating.
    This is my first baby so I get the first time mama jitters, but this will be my husband's fourth baby and his kids are all lovely, smart, well-adjusted children. The two women he's had children with are really good moms, and he says he can tell I'm going to be a good mom too. I'm glad I have an experienced dad because I don't know what to expect. I'm really happy I'm having this baby tho! I love rubbing my belly (13 weeks and I'm starting to get big) and talking to my baby.
    I lost my two best friends when I got married. Now that I'm pregnant, one of them is trying to get back in contact, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to forgive yet. Some of the crap they said was so hurtful. I never thought that they would talk to me that way.
    My parents gave me some crap when they found out, but they're excited now. I told both of them over the phone so I could hang up if things got ugly. My dad is putting away a bunch of money for the baby for clothes, furniture, etc. My mom isn't doing much to help. She hasn't even answered my calls for a week. Idk what's up with her, but she's got a bunch of issues. So that's my story so far :3
  • I'm 18 got pregnant at the end of my first semester in college. I'm now 20 weeks, due July 25. Been with my "baby daddy" for 2 years now. His father is a pastor. Of my church, I think that gas been the hardest but most supportive thing. Being young and pregnant is rarely easy, esp with us just beginning to realuze who we are. But the struggle will def be worth the prize. Just cause your a woman I know that you are. You dont always feel it, but you are. It's put in you to be a mother so don't doubt it. You can make it .
  • I know that you are strong
  • @VictoriaB Haha. I'm the oppisite, my boyfriend is 3 months younger then me. xD And thanks @tweetlove and thank you all for sharing your stories, it helps me see I'm not the only one struggling.
  • I'm 15 && about to be 16 weeks
  • I had a baby when I was 17 and placed her for adoption. She will be 4 on march 15. Best decision I could have made for my situation.the bd was a nightmare. Now I'm married and pregnant with our third. :-)
  • I had my first daughter when i was 15. I am 21 now and about to have my 4th baby. Im not going to lie to you. Being a teen mom is hard, lonely, stressful, and frustrating. Most of your friends will stop talking to you and you have a low chance of staying with the babys father. I've been there. But i graduated high school with a 4.0 and honors. Me and her dad are not together but he pays child support. Bes advice i can give you is to stay in school. And own up to your responsibilities. Don't depend on anyone but yourself. And be a mother.
  • Hey :), well I'm 17 and Im 35 weeks pregnant... nd ive been thru soo much these past few months. I moved out on my own. Lost friends. Nd miss my family like hell. But on the bright side, Im graduating from high school in june. Nd my baby girls is soon to arrive.
  • I'm 19 and 6 weeks pregnant, and the father wants nothing to do with us. It's been really hard but I'm working towards it (: I'm just waiting to meet my baby :D
  • I got pregnant just after I turned 16. We got married just before he was born. I am now 18 and pregnant with my second. I will graduate in May, but already finished with school back in November....
  • Hi, I'm 16 turning 17 in a week n 10 w 2days pregnant with my first. My story isent all that much, I was scard to death when I found out n dident tell my mom till about 2 weeks later. She was ok with it n is now realy excited. My dads not in the picture. The baby daddy an I are together for now but its a rocky relationship. Idk if its gunna last but he's excited about the baby. I've lost a lot of friends for this and just trying to deal with normal stuff. If u need to talk I'm here for ya, us teens gotta stuck together lol:)
  • I'm 17 and 14 weeks 2 days! I met by Baby's dad/boyfriend at work! We have been together for about 8 months now. I didn't know I Was pregnant until I moved out of my mom's house. I have not spoken to her since christmas eve, and she does not know. My mom and I never got along. Constantly Fightin, I couldn't take It and left. She always chose her boyfriend before her kids, I couldn't take it. my dad has never been apart of my life but he is now.he is super excited about this baby. And so are my 2 older brothers. Everything is so much better. I cant wait for him/her to come!!
  • Hi, I was 18.. 3days after graduating HS I took a test and whhhaallllaaa! Lol for tht I didnt go to college (huge mistake).. Im turning 20 next week my daughter is 1 now and I just found out im pregnant again! My bd and I have been together for 3yrs now.. It hasnt been the easiest relationship but we still havent givin up on eachother! I guess its good we been thru so much cuz its showing us how strong we r together!. Now im going bck to school and soo scared with this second pregnancy!
  • Im going to be 19 at the end of this month. Im happily engaged to my boyfriend/best friend! I got pregnant w/ my son at 16 and had him 3 month after I turned 17 - I moved out my moms house the day before my 18th bday ; and I haven't gone back ever since my sons dad is not in his life he was deported back to Guatemala 2 months before he was born. I am now 7weeks 1day prego w/ my 2nd and I have an apartment w/ my hubby and he is like a father to my son he is the only one to step up.
  • I was 17 n met my hubby.I knew I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life.he broke up with me.I was devasted.I just got over being a coke addict and drinking when I met him so when he left me my whole world fell apart.I started drugs and drinking again and met the biggest loser I've ever met and got preg within a month.I always promised myself if I lived to my 18th bday I would join the marines.when I got preg I changed evrythin.I stopped talkin to all my friends,got a job,nvr did drugs eve again.complete 180.her father couldn't though he has been in prison on and off her whole life.she is 11 now.she meet him 3xs last time she was 2.he is in prison again till2015.my hubby came back to me 1month after she was born.me n my Daughter father broke up when I was 7months preg bc I knew he would nvr change.my hubby has been her dad since she was 1month old.we have been together 12yrs in august and have been married 10yrs in july.im 30 now and preg wit 5th.I wouldn't have my life any other way.I've experienced alot and learned alot.it has made me who ism today.I dropped out in 10th grade when I started doing drugs.after my daughter was born I tried to go back to school but it wasn't going to work for me so I got my G.E.D.I believe I would be dead if I didn't have my 1st daughter.she saved my life.I believe god sent her to me to save me.
  • **Moderator Note**
    I moved this from 'Pregnancy' to 'Teen Moms' so it'll be easier for other teen mothers to comment.

I myself was a teen mom. I was 15 when I got pregnant, I delivered a healthy baby girl 2mos after I turned 16. I got married 5wks later, which lasted 11mos. We are still best friends, but it wasn't the right choice. I am now remarried, expecting my 5th child (also my last) on August 26th, which happens to be my youngest 2nd birthday. I have 4 daughters, this one is a boy. It will be hard, I wont lie to you, but you can do it. Best wishes! If you ever need to talk, I am here :)
  • edited March 2011
    Good luck to yall
  • edited March 2011
    I got prego at 17 when my daughter was born I was 18 my mom and dad supported me threw it all I was only in the 10th grade still staying with mom untill graduation (june 3 2011) I was very scared. My babyfather made very hard for me my 10th and 11th grade year in high school he cudnt handle it he didn't help me he mentally abused me disrespected me so I lefted him months later I met a wonderful guy(been together for5months befor I found out I was prego) who is very supportive he is a father figure to my daughter which makes me so happy to see them play together I never got to see that with her real father. Then I found out I was pregnant I was worried bout what pple was goin to say I was gonna be 20yrs with 2 children 2years apart my plans for college and moving away changed my boyfriend refused to help me get an abortion it was his first he told me if I. Didn't want the baby he would keep it and take care of it by himself. I decided to keep the baby I can still go to college jus not away. I'm 19 14wks now its hard cus I had trips and everything planned with my friends for my senior but I can't do none of those plans. SUCKs being prego senior year in HS. I'm always depressed and unhappy. Me and my boyfriend are looking for a place to stay together he's working and going to college he will grad from college around the time I grad from highschool our baby is due 09/07/11 the day befor my birthday! I LOVE my daughter but if I cud go back in time I will still be a virgin today!!
  • @yungmommywt2 I'm 21 and pregnant with my fourth. Got married at 18. Lol. We get thing done here. Ha-ha.
  • I'm 17 years old and around 7 weeks. Unfortunately, I haven't been to a doctor yet so I don't know for sure. When I first told my mom she was furious and extremely disappointed. My mom and I had never screamed at each other until I told her. Were doing better now and she says she will support me with whatever I choose to do, but she clearly wants me to have an abortion. She is one of the dew people in my family who know. I've only told one friend and she is really supporting me and my boyfriend is too. I'm not sure if I want to keep the baby or not though. It's a hard decision because I have everything going for me and I know keeping it won't be an easy task. My boyfriend says he will support me no matter what too but he has mentioned him raising it on his own. As of right now we are leaning toward abortion, which I feel absolutely terrible about, but in my situation it is what's best. I can't help to feel like a horrible person though and I'm so confused. I guess I don't have much of a story because I haven't decided what to do yet, but this definitely has been life changing.
  • hello , im 18 and 6 weeks due nov 23 <3 . my parents went crazy when i told them well actually my stupid sister told , ive been with my babys dad since i was 15, he is really supportivr but can be a douche bag . were planning on getting engaged before the babies born . but alot can happen from niw till than . just follow your heart and take goid care of yourself for the saje if your baby , if u need anything irr someobe to talk toi im here :)