Spelling & Middle name help please

edited March 2011 in Baby names
So we've decided on Aubrey but I want the spelling to be different. I don't really care for the "ee" or "ie" at the end so I was writing ideas down & I came up w/ Aubriey. I'm wondering if the y on the end is too much? I kinda feel like it is. I've never seen it spelt that way but maybe there's a reason why lol.

Also hubby & I are having a horrible time coming up with middle names that flow. Our last name is Rodgers & we want to stick with longer middle names like our other two have.

Sue, Ann, Lynn & Marie are no go's because those are mine & my sister's middles names & I want something more uncommon.

The only one I've come up with that we both somewhat like is Madisyn.

Any ideas & opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I like aubriey madisyn. Or what about aubriey nichole
  • I like where your going with the name! Sounds Bella!
  • Thanks @Mama_Kat
    @Tiffanynichole, that was the other name we came up w/ but it's my cousin's name so it's out of the picture :( Although she won't be named after anybody we don't want people claiming that she was & start trouble so we've decided to stay away from family names lol.
  • Thanks @GhettoBetty. I was just thinking people would look at the spelling & think it was too much or over done. I googled it & couldn't find another person w/ the same spelling so I think I'm stuck on it. Plus it gives me the "Y" that I like & all my kids' names will be about the same length.

That's the other hard thing, due to the tattoo I'm getting they all have to be pretty similar in length so it's even. Luckily for me all the names my hubby & I have picked are similar so it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.
  • I see so many crazy ways to spell names trust me adding they y is cute in both names.... my sister name 2 of hers Ic-ies spelled wrong and Kristyle also wrong but she likes it and the kids like it they are older too 13 and 15 so as long as u n hubby like it that's all that matters
  • @ghettobetty I like to change the spelling but I know when enough is enough. My nephew's name is Cayden but you wouldn't know it because his mom spelt it Caiydyenn.
  • That is a little bit much.... what are your other kids names?
  • @ghettobetty Jordyn Mackenzie & Brayden Alexander
  • Nice I like to give mine old names Antony Dominic, Bella le'nae, and this one either maximo Michael or Ophelia Josephine. My step daughter is Angelina anaie well I don't really know how to spell her middle name I don't like it LOL.
  • Those are really nice names. lol. How long do you have to wait til you find out what you're having?
  • OMG may! I'm due Sept 16 thinking about doing 4d though....
  • @Jtmoon98 Elyzabeth, Madisyn & Nickole were the 3 I came up with that flowed well. It's funny that you guys seem to be on the same page as I am lol.

@ghettobetty, It's sooo worth it. If you want to find out the gender I say 17 weeks is the earliest I would do it. I was 17 1/2 when I found out last week. I really wanna do the 4d. My old doctor's office could do them & they would switch back & forth. Sadly tho I only have printed pics of my daughter. It's crazy to see those & then compare them to the pics I took right after she was born. 100% identical.
  • @jtmoon98 it really is. You can't go wrong with a classic!
  • edited March 2011
    I've never had 4d the one that's close to me is 45min away and I will have to pay for it but I so want to do it! I'm 12 weeks I guess I could wait I don't want to get the wrong sex.
  • Aubrey Faith
  • @kaylababy007 That's pretty thanks for the input but it has to have at least 7 letters.
  • So far hubby likes Aubriey Madison the best but he's not 100% sure yet.
    Now I don't know howI'd spell Madison.

Madisyn
    Madyson
    Maddisyn
    Maddyson
    Madysin
    Maddysin

Oh lord I'm going crazy now with spelling ideas. Maybe I need to take a break lol!!!
  • I think Aubrye is also a cute way to spell it. I know that brye would usually be pronounced "brigh", but I think that people are familiar enough with the name Aubrey that it wouldn't get mispronounced...just a thought. :)
  • I love the way you spelt it! I love Madysin, Elizabeth, and Chrystine for middle names that go with it well.
  • @starkrayzie - I just have to tell you this...its too weird! My middle name is Marie and I have 2 sisters whose middle names are Sue and Lynn. My first daughters middle name is Elizabeth, my second daughter is Marie (same as me) & the name my husband and I came up with for this baby (if its a girl) is Madison Anne.

As I was reading your post and all the comments that followed I saw tons of familiar names! I thought it was soo weird, I just had to share! =)

By the way, I also have a cousin named Brayden and a cousin on my husbands side named Aubrie. Too weird! Lol
  • @joyfullmama_my4th Thanks for idea. I never thought of that.

@kayleesmommy Thank you. Madysin is my first option of spelling. Hubby doesn't care for Elizabeth too much but I like Chrystine as well. My mom gave my sister's & I all T names & everyone always got us confused & when I was younger I decided if I had 3 girls I would stick w/ K's & name them Kayleigh, Kyleigh & Kaleigh (Cali) but then I got a cat & named her Kayleigh & my sister got a dog & named Her Kalie (Cali) and so that idea went out the window. Plus I realized how bad of an idea it was.

@mommyx3 That is so funny. I try to stay away from overly common names but Hubby always disagrees. My name's Tonya and although it isn't unusal I was in highschool before I met anyone with my name. My son however is going to be 1 of probably 5 in his classroom named Brayden lol & my daughter has a boy named Jordan in her class & came home from school the first day & said this boy has the same name as me, I don't think his mom knew he was a boy lol.
  • Aww! Thats soo cute! Lol I love Jordyn for a girl...that was on our list this time too. My second daughters name is Kaelynn and before I had her I never heard it before so I thought it was.completely original (bc I came up with the name from my sister's name Kacie Lynn). Ever since I had her Ive heard the name sooooo many times. I feel like that always happens. Brayden was soo original until recently too but now everyone loves it.

I really like Aubrey Madysin. Its soo pretty!
  • @Mommmyx3 I love the name's Kaylin (my bro in laws gf), Jaylen (my hubby's godson), Kaycie (my sister's other dog) Trystan (hubbys other godson)

It's almost impossible to find a name that nobody in our circle already has. That's why I like Aubriana so much, I've never met a single person w/ the name or a child w/ that name. It's getting harder to come up w/ names w/o going overboard. I've heard some name suggestions & I'm like I'd hate to be that kid when he's 40 lol. That's the problem too, a lot of people pick out names that are cute for babies but don't think about the fact that they'll eventually be adults w/ careers.
  • edited March 2011
    We felt the exact same way hun! We named our first (girl) Kaylee and now its soooo common it makes me sad :( but I still LOVE her name and our second (another girl) will be Amaiya I've never met anyone with that name at all either. Aubriana Crystine is beautiful I think!!!
  • @kayleesmommy Amaiya is beautiful I love it, what's her middle name going to be? (Don't worry I'm not gonna steal it lol) I wish I could get hubby to change his mind about Aubriana but it's not gonna happen. He's stuck on Aubriey now. The only thing he doesn't have a final say in is the spelling so I get his opinion but it's ultimately my decision lol. That's about the only way to make a common name uncommon.
  • Amaiya Lynne :) She is getting her grandmas middle name (husbands mother) since our first got my moms middle name :) Don't worry hun, if you like it, by all means take it! It wont make me mad at all. Its a very uncommon and beautiful name! I also love Aubriey!!! And the spelling is so adorable!!!
  • That is precious. I wanted to give Jordyn my grandma's name as her middle name but she passed away a day before my mom's birthday 17 yrs ago & my mom has never gotten over it & became manic depressive/bipolar due to not dealing w/ the grief. I thought it would be difficult for my mom if I did that so I decided against it. I'm gonna stick w/ Aubriey lol. Hubby would kill me if I even thought of changing it. Thank you. I was really nervous that the Y would be overkill at the end plus I googled it, searched yahoo & aol & the spelling never came up. She just might be the only Aubriey w/ that spelling. Unless someone sees my post & steals it lol.
  • I think its beautiful! Not an overkill at all. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.