when is it too early to register?

edited March 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 16 weeks and I'm extremely excited. I want to go register for my babyshower already, because I am impatient. I already found out that I'm having a boy, should I go register?

Comments

• REGISTER WHEN U GET READY! BUT I WUD SAY WAIT A WHILE LONGER! IM 31 WKS TODAY ND I HAVENT REGISTERED YET! I AM TOMORRW THO. MY BABY SHOWER IS N 2 WKS..DO U KNOW IF I WERE TO REGISTER ONLINE, THE LIST WUD ALSO SHOW N THE STORE!?
  • I would go register if you already know what you're having, with how short people are on money these days, it will give them plenty of time.
  • Thank you. I think I will because I'm the type that wants stuff done now and not later. Lol my boyfriend hates it. Thanks for the advice.
  • I would say wait one month before your baby shower. If you start too early things might get sold out or not made anymore by the time people actually get around to buying your gifts.
  • @Kriss82001 this is completely random but do u mind telling me where ur from??
  • Lol 82001 is my zip code =P
  • @mommy_rel oooo, hahaha, my twins birthday is 08-20-01, I just always shorten it :)
  • I would say register when you find out what your having, that way its not last minute and depending on where you register you'll get coupons or special deals on stuff you want to buy yourself. I'm 18 weeks and I find out what I'm having next week and I'm gonna register then. You never wanna do it too late.
  • @Kriss82001 oooo ok I gotcha lol
  • Thank you. I only registered at one store and then decided to wait for the other stores.
  • Do you have a date picked out for your shower? As exciting as it is to go out right away & register it's best to wait. I registered as soon as I found out I was having my son & 2 months later almost everything I had picked out at Babies R Us was on clearance or sold out. I was so bummed.
  • I'm having mine in June. Hopefully that doesn't happen!!
  • Id you feel like registering now, I say go for it. I remember even changing things on mine a few times before my invitations were sent out. Its also a very long process and took me two days but its very fun
  • I think the day I found out I started a registry and added a few things I thought were necessary. As soon as we find out what we're having I'm going to go register to gender-specific things and start picking out nursery items.